Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microphone volume meter for taskbar?

10 May 2010   #1
MattDamonisdumb

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 
Microphone volume meter for taskbar?

I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to monitor my microphone volume from my task bar. A meter or gauge of some sort would be perfect. I would also settle for an unobtrusive meter/gauge on my desktop.

thank for your help


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 May 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattDamonisdumb View Post
I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to monitor my microphone volume from my task bar. A meter or gauge of some sort would be perfect. I would also settle for an unobtrusive meter/gauge on my desktop.

thank for your help

have you tried googling a mic volume gadget?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2010   #3
MattDamonisdumb

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattDamonisdumb View Post
I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to monitor my microphone volume from my task bar. A meter or gauge of some sort would be perfect. I would also settle for an unobtrusive meter/gauge on my desktop.

thank for your help

have you tried googling a mic volume gadget?
sure have, but i was hoping to get something vetted by this forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 May 2010   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattDamonisdumb View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattDamonisdumb View Post
I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to monitor my microphone volume from my task bar. A meter or gauge of some sort would be perfect. I would also settle for an unobtrusive meter/gauge on my desktop.

thank for your help

have you tried googling a mic volume gadget?
sure have, but i was hoping to get something vetted by this forum.
Got you.. have you searched here, or check in the customization section. there are quite a few gadgets in there. I am not sure that there is a volume gadget but it shouldn't be to hard


Good Luck

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #5
MattDamonisdumb

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MattDamonisdumb View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post


have you tried googling a mic volume gadget?
sure have, but i was hoping to get something vetted by this forum.
Got you.. have you searched here, or check in the customization section. there are quite a few gadgets in there. I am not sure that there is a volume gadget but it shouldn't be to hard


Good Luck

Ken
will do, thank you both of you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Oct 2014   #6
pixelwiz

Windows 7
 
 

Have you found a taskbar microphone input meter? I can't find one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microphone volume meter for taskbar?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microphone volume too low
Just installed the release candidate of Windows 7. Was previously running Vista. I use Skype a lot, and my microphone volume level is much lower now than it ever was. People are telling me they can hardly hear me when I call them. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop- the mic is built-in. I've...
Sound & Audio
Microphone volume is agonizingly low
Every textbook way to fix the mic being low has failed for me. Can anyone help? It needs to be pretty much be in my mouth to be a decent volume. Microphone levels at max + boost? Tried it. Set the correct microphone port as default device? Tried it. Double check communications tab to...
Sound & Audio
Gadgets problems: All cpu meter, network meter and ilMeteo not work!
Hello! I also have problems with this gadget. I install it, but do not charge anything. It remains a white box that shows the following thing: <! . It is not the only gadget I have problems with: Network meter also does not load and shows the same thing: <! . Another gadget that I have problems...
Gadgets
Microphone volume reduced
Hello All, I did a fresh Windows 7 installation on a new hard disk drive on my laptop.I am using Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.However, after installation the microphone seems to be behaving weirdly(volume has reduced).I see that the system is automatically adjusting the volume of the...
Sound & Audio
Microphone volume won't stay put
I want to lower my microphone volume from 100 to 50. When I do it, it will stick around for a little while (while I record something), but then it will jump back to 100 sometime after I'm done or even before I start. For some reason, the adjustment just won't be saved. I'm hitting OK to close the...
Sound & Audio
Sound meter software exist for the taskbar?
Thanks for taking the time to read this. (screen grab included) This kind of a two part question. I sometimes have an issue with my microphone where it sounds terrible and stat-icky. I usually just jiggle the part of the mic where it plugs into my computer and that fixes the issue. I'm pretty...
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App