Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MD5sum cmd utility to verify CD/DVD

11 May 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
MD5sum cmd utility to verify CD/DVD

Is there a CMD utility that will allow me to do a md5sum of a cd/dvd so that I can compare it to the iso. It has to be a command line utility so that I can use it with my program.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 May 2010   #2

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IYIaster View Post
Is there a CMD utility that will allow me to do a md5sum of a cd/dvd so that I can compare it to the iso. It has to be a command line utility so that I can use it with my program.
have you tried hash tab? a free utility for checking the hash sum http://download.cnet.com/HashTab/3000-2248_4-84837.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IYIaster View Post
Is there a CMD utility that will allow me to do a md5sum of a cd/dvd so that I can compare it to the iso. It has to be a command line utility so that I can use it with my program.
have you tried hash tab? a free utility for checking the hash sum HashTab - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
I did come across that tool, but I don't think it has the ability to get the hash sum of a cd or dvd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 May 2010   #4

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Check out MD5.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2010   #5

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IYIaster View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IYIaster View Post
Is there a CMD utility that will allow me to do a md5sum of a cd/dvd so that I can compare it to the iso. It has to be a command line utility so that I can use it with my program.
have you tried hash tab? a free utility for checking the hash sum HashTab - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
I did come across that tool, but I don't think it has the ability to get the hash sum of a cd or dvd.
you could always copy the contents to the hdd for checking purposes then delete the file(s)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 MD5sum cmd utility to verify CD/DVD




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: MD5sum cmd utility to verify CD/DVD
Thread Forum
Solved DVD (ide) errors on verify Hardware & Devices
Sig verify System Security
Verify burnt dvd/cd General Discussion
Does anyone have the MD5Sum of the windows 7 install iso? Software
how to verify... General Discussion
How do I verify a NET USE LPT connection Network & Sharing
md5sum of ISO Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33