I have A Toshiba satellite laptop with windows 7 home premium edition already built into the computer. I had Wmp 12 already installed into the computer, but at first I didnít like wmp12 and wanted wmp11. So I looked online and found a wmp11 for windows 7 installer and I installed wmp11 using these instructions:
1. Download Windows Media Player 11 Installer for Windows 7
2. Now Type services.msc on windows 7 search bar
3. Stop Windows Media Player Network
4. Take Ownership of following files:
all files in ďProgram Files\Windows Media Player\Ē folder
all files starting with ďwmpĒ in System32 folder
wmploc.dll.mui in ďSytem32\en-us\Ē folder
5. Now Run Windows Media Player 11 Installer
6. Now type Regedit on Start Menu Search bar
7. Delete following Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ Setup\Installed Versions
8. Reboot your Windows 7
But then I had a change of heart and wanted wmp12 back decided to uninstall wmp11 from the control panel and reinstall wmp12. But I didnít know until just recently that there was "turn program feature on or off" where I couldíve just go there to turn off wmp12 before installing wmp11. Anyway after I uninstalled wmp 11, I went to the turn program feature on or off, to see if wmp 12 could reinstall, but every time I turn the media player and media center back on, there a message saying that 'An unexpected error has occur, Not all of the features were successfully installed" and then I restarted the computer and it would say configure windows donít turn off computer message, and every time t doses that, it would say something like "configure Changes failed, reverting the configuration" or something like that that and show the login page . After I login wmp and wmc would show on the desktop. But when tried it again I then chose the restart later and then wmp12 would show up on my computer but than when I restart the computer again it does the same thing and wmp12 is not on there again. So, I went to the registry editor to see I could remove, recover, fix, or replace some of the media player 12 files. But that didnít help either. So what I'm asking is this:
1. Is there any way to reinstall wmp12 that was previously pre-installed by windows without using system reinstall feature or advanced recovery methods?
2. Can I fix, restore, or reset the configuration problems of wmp12?
3. Is any way to restore, recover, or reinstall the entire wmp12 program feature and program capabilities with and/or without using advanced recovery or restore methods?
Is there anything you can think of to help with this situation?
P.S. I also looked at the registry file to see what about it there, then went to turn off or turn on program feature again and it still didnít work.