Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: FREE Great Programs for Windows 7

03 Dec 2008   #51
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
John, thanks for reminding me about ToolTipFixer, I'd forgotten about that one and use it in both XP and Vista.

Whilst not free I can report that Diskeeper 2009 Professional (Defrag) works fine in Windows 7. I prefer it to Auslogics as it is has many more features.


digital persona personal 3 i mean its oem (usually) so yeah....


how did you get diskkeeper to work???
i have been trying and trying and nothing....
says the os is not supported..
maybe because im using the 2008.....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Dec 2008   #52
Ex_Brit

Win 7 Ult SP1/Win 10 Pro (all x64)
 
 

I didn't try the 2008 one although I do have it in my available downloads at their website. Diskeeper offered me a free upgrade, so I took it obviously!
DK 2009 worked without a hitch, I didn't even have to use compatability mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2008   #53
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
I didn't try the 2008 one although I do have it in my available downloads at their website. Diskeeper offered me a free upgrade, so I took it obviously!
DK 2009 worked without a hitch, I didn't even have to use compatability mode.

ok will look into that thanks....
i have been to the website so only had that vers...
so ill check...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Dec 2008   #54
johngalt

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
did ProceXp work when you set as the default taskmanager???
Yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2008   #55
johngalt

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
digital persona personal 3 i mean its oem (usually) so yeah....
<snip>
DP 3? If that is 64bit, I need that desperately - cause M$ says they are not going to release drivers for my Desktop Optical Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader for 64bit, and I am incensed - and everyone says it is because DP is not releasing a 64bit version of DP....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2008   #56
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
DP 3? If that is 64bit, I need that desperately - cause M$ says they are not going to release drivers for my Desktop Optical Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader for 64bit, and I am incensed - and everyone says it is because DP is not releasing a 64bit version of DP....
the thing is you need the drivers for your FR before you can use digital persona....
because hp includes it for some reason with an authentec devices (idk why???) guess its because of cost and because this is a home machine...
but yes i am using 64 DP...
if you could identify your FR (i dont think its manufactured by M$ but i could be wrong...lol)

but if you have the drivers already installed (you can confirm this you can download it from their website...) since it only installs on a hp you have to jump some hoops to get installed on your machine...

program...
HP Pavilion tx2500 Entertainment Notebook PC series*-* DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software for Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit) - HP Business Support Center


edit: DP is offering their SDK for free..
so try getting the drivers to work if you can...
https://secure.digitalpersona.com/bu...sona/index.php


check here here to get it working on non hp computer
DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint Software Update - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

i think this is all i can help you with as i
1) dont have the keyboard in question
2) dont have that much experience with creating drivers... (thats what im going to school for....lol)

also added a picture as this is the closest thing to your keyboard...
that is the
"U.are.U Keyboard
The U.are.U Fingerprint Keyboard is a Windows-compatible 104-key keyboard with a built-in U.are.U 4000B Fingerprint Reader. It is designed for use with DigitalPersona enterprise or developer software. Includes: U.are.U Fingerprint Keyboard with 1.8 meter USB cable."


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2008   #57
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

the thing is is that i heard that its just not supported by M$ anymore (i believe it has to do w/DP...my theory) i heard that the driver gets installed sucessfully but its not usable by the software...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2008   #58
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johngalt View Post
Yes.
cuz all i got is as if put in a comandline
"procexp /?"
hmm got the lastest so that might be it???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2008   #59
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Haven't noticed the VistaForums SysInfo Tool listed. It works fine here.

Gary
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2008   #60
johngalt

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
cuz all i got is as if put in a comandline
"procexp /?"
hmm got the lastest so that might be it???
Nope - I have 11.3 - I update the minute I find a new version.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
the thing is you need the drivers for your FR before you can use digital persona....
because hp includes it for some reason with an authentec devices (idk why???) guess its because of cost and because this is a home machine...
but yes i am using 64 DP...
if you could identify your FR (i dont think its manufactured by M$ but i could be wrong...lol)

but if you have the drivers already installed (you can confirm this you can download it from their website...) since it only installs on a hp you have to jump some hoops to get installed on your machine...

program...
HP Pavilion tx2500 Entertainment Notebook PC series*-* DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software for Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit) - HP Business Support Center


edit: DP is offering their SDK for free..
so try getting the drivers to work if you can...
https://secure.digitalpersona.com/bu...sona/index.php


check here here to get it working on non hp computer
DigitalPersona Personal Fingerprint Software Update - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

i think this is all i can help you with as i
1) dont have the keyboard in question
2) dont have that much experience with creating drivers... (thats what im going to school for....lol)

also added a picture as this is the closest thing to your keyboard...
that is the
"U.are.U Keyboard
The U.are.U Fingerprint Keyboard is a Windows-compatible 104-key keyboard with a built-in U.are.U 4000B Fingerprint Reader. It is designed for use with DigitalPersona enterprise or developer software. Includes: U.are.U Fingerprint Keyboard with 1.8 meter USB cable."
There is no 64bit driver for the KB / FP reader, and that KB is pretty much the same as mine, I have a few extra buttons at the top on both sides of the silver buttons...

I suppose the SDK plus the HP software might work, but there are a few threads in the M$ newsgroups that relate to this device.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
the thing is is that i heard that its just not supported by M$ anymore (i believe it has to do w/DP...my theory) i heard that the driver gets installed sucessfully but its not usable by the software...
I never could get the driver to install as it is a 32bi driver....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 FREE Great Programs for Windows 7




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
FREE Great Programs for Windows 7 [2]
Continued from - http://www.sevenforums.com/software/92-free-great-programs-windows-7-a-196.html FREE Great Programs for Windows 7 These are completely FREE programs for Windows 7. I have tested all of these programs below without any problems in the 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7...
Software
Free Great Programs For Windows
I scrolled down to the Macrium Reflect Free entry, clicked on the link, only to find it goes right to C/NET with no choice (at least I didn't see one) but to use their "agent" to download. I also tried Major Geeks and got the same "agent" trash. Does anyone know of a safe site to download...
Software
Great partition manager Free today
Aomei do an excellent free partition Assistant. Today on GOTD - they are giving away the pro version. Highly recommended. It has the ability to make winpe boot media (tho you do need WAIK.WADK download from MS - similar to the way macrium does it ). This version doesn't support 4096...
Software
Great free copy/move app
I really like this free app. (but find the latest beta version works better in 7. There is a paid pro version that adds little that the free version doesn't have. The free version basically has everything most users would need. One thing I really like about it is by default it gives you more...
Software
Loads of free great quality Walls
Try this software out, it works like a charm on Windows 7, very easy to use as well.... Dream Desktop - New Wallpapers Loads of very nice images.
Themes and Styles
Free Partition Software. Great Offer
Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Partition Manager 10.0 Personal (English) - Special offer for our GAOTD users ? Partitioning for Windows 7 and 64-bit version support!We want to thank you for ... Check this out gang. This is a great offer.
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App