Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows Live beta

12 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 
Windows Live beta

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this problem, but hope you guys can help.

I received an email from Widows stating I had been invited to Wndows Live Essentials Beta testing, so I decided to download it and install. This installed Widows Live messenger & Windows Live Mail - both in the new Beta version.

Now I do like some of the new features, but its got to the point that now and again it crashed on me and I can't check emails or talk to people.

Could someone tell me how I can take it off and revert back to the old version without loosing any of my emails I have downloaded, or would this mean I would need to backup my emails and then uninstall it ??

Cheers

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by highroyds View Post
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this problem, but hope you guys can help.

I received an email from Widows stating I had been invited to Wndows Live Essentials Beta testing, so I decided to download it and install. This installed Widows Live messenger & Windows Live Mail - both in the new Beta version.

Now I do like some of the new features, but its got to the point that now and again it crashed on me and I can't check emails or talk to people.

Could someone tell me how I can take it off and revert back to the old version without loosing any of my emails I have downloaded, or would this mean I would need to backup my emails and then uninstall it ??

Cheers
You've answered your own question - you'll have to backup what you can, then uninstall it, and then re-install the current release of Windows Live Essentials.

Yuo can find your email in the "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" folder if you can't use the built-in backup facilities of Windows Live Mail

I done this, but for different reasons.

The changes made to Live Photo Gallery are great, but I didn't like that the Tags tree has been removed from the main interface.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post

You've answered your own question - you'll have to backup what you can, then uninstall it, and then re-install the current release of Windows Live Essentials.

Yuo can find your email in the "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" folder if you can't use the built-in backup facilities of Windows Live Mail

I done this, but for different reasons.

The changes made to Live Photo Gallery are great, but I didn't like that the Tags tree has been removed from the main interface.
lol cheers, got it sorted out now thanks. I backed up just in case anything went wrong. I do like some of the features too, but some of them I don't, like the showing on Live messenger by Nicknames has gone and it didn't download other peoples settings or themes or even their nicknames. Windows Live Mail just kept crashing on me, so I couldn't even check my mail.

Just hope they fix all the bugs before they release it in the final as I can't do without my mail lol.

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jul 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by highroyds View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post

You've answered your own question - you'll have to backup what you can, then uninstall it, and then re-install the current release of Windows Live Essentials.

Yuo can find your email in the "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" folder if you can't use the built-in backup facilities of Windows Live Mail

I done this, but for different reasons.

The changes made to Live Photo Gallery are great, but I didn't like that the Tags tree has been removed from the main interface.
lol cheers, got it sorted out now thanks. I backed up just in case anything went wrong. I do like some of the features too, but some of them I don't, like the showing on Live messenger by Nicknames has gone and it didn't download other peoples settings or themes or even their nicknames. Windows Live Mail just kept crashing on me, so I couldn't even check my mail.

Just hope they fix all the bugs before they release it in the final as I can't do without my mail lol.

Thanks again.
You wouldn't happen to know of a feedback link of sorts so we can mention these bugs to Microsoft? I really want to ask them to put the Tags Tree back into Photo Gallery...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post

You wouldn't happen to know of a feedback link of sorts so we can mention these bugs to Microsoft? I really want to ask them to put the Tags Tree back into Photo Gallery...
As quoted from them lol

Quote:
We’re loving all the comments here, but for feedback and bug reporting, here are some links you might want to try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by highroyds View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post

You wouldn't happen to know of a feedback link of sorts so we can mention these bugs to Microsoft? I really want to ask them to put the Tags Tree back into Photo Gallery...
As quoted from them lol


Quote:
We’re loving all the comments here, but for feedback and bug reporting, here are some links you might want to try.
Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Live beta





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows Live beta
Thread Forum
Windows Live Essentials Beta due for release News
Annoying problem with windows live beta Software
windows live messanger beta Software
Windows Live Mail Beta Browsers & Mail
Windows Live Mail/Essentials Beta Software
Windows live 2010 Beta! Software
Windows Live Messenger Beta Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33