|28 Jul 2010||#1|
| || |
E-mu 0404 Extremely distorted/gargling sounds on the output on files
I have an E-mu 0404 PCI Soundcard and I have a major problem with the Card. The problem is not the sound play back such as general system playing on something I have not created or hearing basic sounds on the internet. Itís the recording/music creation end if the card. When I start recording it will work fine for the first 5 to 10 minutes when I play those files, but for some unknown reasons when I play back the file that I created after 10 minutes Iím hearing extremely distorted/gargling sounds on the output. I am using the analog output. Sometimes the sound comes back to its original quality if I shutdown my computer and restart It, but after some time fails again.
I looked in other troubleshooting and support message board websites and I did all of what they say as of fixing the problem and then some. Here is a list of what I did in 12 steps.
1. Pull all USB connection off my computer expect keyboard and mouse
2. Change my advance systems settings such as performance (Adjust for best performance) and advance performance Adjust for background services) settings. I went back and forth with these settings.
3. I also want to my Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound From sound choose my E-MU card and click Properties. Choose the Advanced Tab in Properties and uncheck, ďAllow applications to take exclusive control of this device.Ē
4. Pulled my Nvida Gforce 8400 PCI-E 16 from my computer and use my onboard video
5. Made sure my onboard audio is turned off.
6. Took my Computer apart and put it back together
7. Flash and updates my Bios
8. Reinstall my Windows 7 Home PremiumOperating System 64 bit
9. Made sure I installed the E-mu Driver before the E-mu Patch Mix.
10. Made sure I had the dame bit depth in (24/48) in sound properties in my control panel in recording playback.
11. Made sure I had the same setting in my in my E-mu Patch Mix.
12. I also used the Windows Vista E-mu Driver as well as the E-mu Windows 7 Driver
I made test recordings after each of these 12 steps and all combination on some of these steps it will work fine for the first 5 to 10 minutes, but the extremely distorted/gargling sounds on the output return. I been playing around with this card time after time for the last 3 months and all what I did to try to fix it and still didnít fix the problem in which I haven't found a trigger for this.
Dell Inspiron 518
Intel Duo Core 2.2 GHz
4 gig of Ram
250 GB Hard Drive
E-mu 0404 PCI soundcard
Windows 7 Home PremiumOperating System 64 bit
I hope you can understand this and you can help me out as best as you can.
|My System Specs|| |
|29 Jul 2010||#3|
| || |
Cakewalk SONAR LE 8.5
Cakewalk Music Creator 5
I did play around with the lateney, it's works for a while, but it came back.
|My System Specs|
|30 Jul 2010||#4|
| || |
With my old computer, I had to disconnect the internet connection, turn off the firewall and disable my antimalware softwares. Even then I had to use at least 60 ms latency with playback. (5 years old laptop, XP)
I am sure that there is something wrong with the Cakewalk settings. Try to find ASIO input/output. That helped me, when I had exactly same problem as you.
I have Cakewalk (something) LE, I could install it and check it out. But you know the software probably better
BTW what kind of MIDI to USB device you use? I have M-Audio Midisport 1x1 and Windows 7 is not supported..
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for: E-mu 0404 Extremely distorted/gargling sounds on the output on files|
|Audio distorted, tinny, sounds like its underwater or..||Sound & Audio|
|Need Help Extremely Large Files in Windows-Temp Folder Cannot Delete||Performance & Maintenance|
|Intel RST 10.8.0.1003 out||Drivers|
|E-mu 0404 no asio sound with admin rights||Sound & Audio|