Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: no sound


31 Aug 2009   #11

Windows7
 
 

I have a custom build computer with on board Realtek AC97 sound and am having the same problem. I downloaded the driver from the Realtek site but windows will not allow me to install it. I really don't want to go back to Vista so I need help!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Aug 2009   #12

Ubuntu,Mandriva,PCLOS,XP and,Windows 7
 
 

BigRedOne
Try this driver and see if it will work for you
SP17163.exe
Here are my instructions to get it to work for me


Download and save to desktop. Unpack files. Run Device manager and scan for hardware changes /or update device driver from Local Disk (C NOT FROM DESKTOP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2009   #13

Windows7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smoaky View Post
BigRedOne
Try this driver and see if it will work for you
SP17163.exe
Here are my instructions to get it to work for me


Download and save to desktop. Unpack files. Run Device manager and scan for hardware changes /or update device driver from Local Disk (C NOT FROM DESKTOP
Thanks for the try but it didn't work. I am using the analog jacks on the back of my computer, don't have SPDIF although my motherboard supports it. Windows7 sees the HD Audio but I don' think it is what I am using.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Aug 2009   #14

Ubuntu,Mandriva,PCLOS,XP and,Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BigRedOne View Post
Thanks for the try but it didn't work. I am using the analog jacks on the back of my computer, don't have SPDIF although my motherboard supports it. Windows7 sees the HD Audio but I don' think it is what I am using.
try this one instead:
ESS Allegro PCI Audio (WDM).zip
If this doesnt help please let use all know your set up in detail so that we can help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #15

Windows7
 
 

Well finally, my sound is working. I, reluctantly, paid the $30 registration fee to Driver detective and it found the right driver for me. It looks like the same driver I tried to download from the Realtek site but for some reason the one from Realtek would not complete the installation
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2009   #16

Ubuntu,Mandriva,PCLOS,XP and,Windows 7
 
 

Good to hear
What exactly was the correct driver you needed just in case someone else needs to find it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2009   #17

Windows7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smoaky View Post
Good to hear
What exactly was the correct driver you needed just in case someone else needs to find it
"Driver Detective" automaticly installed the driver so I did not see the name of it. Tell me what to look for and I will gladly post it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 no sound




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33