Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Volume level constant between hardware

14 Aug 2010   #1
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 
Volume level constant between hardware

Greetings everybody,

This is not a problem, but an inconvenience. When I plug in my headphones the level of volume is very loud. Meaning the volume doesn't automatically go down a bit. Hell, this isn't safe...

Is there a way for the Windows 7 audio program to remember my audio level for the headphones, which is 4 instead of 100... I bet a few of you have encountered this.

I always have to waste a few seconds manually switching the volume level.

I've included an attachment, as you can see there, there is no "Headphones". This is when I have my headphones plugged in, also it is the same as when they're plugged out. It appears that my headphones are not being recognized as a different device.




Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
14 Aug 2010   #2
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
Greetings everybody,

This is not a problem, but an inconvenience. When I plug in my headphones the level of volume is very loud. Meaning the volume doesn't automatically go down a bit. Hell, this isn't safe...

Is there a way for the Windows 7 audio program to remember my audio level for the headphones, which is 4 instead of 100... I bet a few of you have encountered this.

I always have to waste a few seconds manually switching the volume level.

I've included an attachment, as you can see there, there is no "Headphones". This is when I have my headphones plugged in, also it is the same as when they're plugged out. It appears that my headphones are not being recognized as a different device.

They really aren't a device unless they're USB headphones. (but that's another story) The audio card mechanically switches the connections so you're getting the same output normally going to speakers.

At least that's the way it is on my system.... and yes, the phones are too loud.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2010   #3
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Then what you mean is, there's no solution?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2010   #4
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

I'll add in here, what Aphellion stated is correct - the way it is.

Cut the PC's volume down and use the volume control on your external speakers to jack up the level. That way it won't be too loud for your headset.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2010   #5
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Hm, I'll attempt to at least find some application which may be of some use.

I'll report if I have any success.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2010   #6
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Also, forgot to add, if Windows 7 only recognizes individual hardware via USB ports, then that is a very flawed design, in my opinion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2010   #7
Aphelion

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
Also, forgot to add, if Windows 7 only recognizes individual hardware via USB ports, then that is a very flawed design, in my opinion.
Headphones that simply plug into a jack are passive. The connection that cuts off the speakers when headphones are plugged in is mechanical (on most systems) in nature. The Output of the audio system is the same for both speaker and headphone... it's the motherboard hardware (audio card) that is the determining factor, not Windows... if the headphone was a separate device then Windows would recognize it.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2010   #8
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
Also, forgot to add, if Windows 7 only recognizes individual hardware via USB ports, then that is a very flawed design, in my opinion.
Headphones that simply plug into a jack are passive. The connection that cuts off the speakers when headphones are plugged in is mechanical (on most systems) in nature. The Output of the audio system is the same for both speaker and headphone... it's the motherboard hardware (audio card) that is the determining factor, not Windows... if the headphone was a separate device than Windows would recognize it.

Ap
Hm, very interesting.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2010   #9
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

As you are asking about USB, which type of headphones do you actually have? I don't see that ever noted on your posts. If you have the standard type headphones with the 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo plug, that you plug into a headset jack on the PC (not the speakers) then what we have presented is correct.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2010   #10
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

I have a stereo jack which I plug it in, it's not a USB.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Volume level constant between hardware




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Volume level continuously changes
I have been struggling with trying to find a fix for this for a long time now. I have searched various forums and tried the couple suggestions that seemed to be offered for similar issues but nothing has worked. I have no other serious issues with W7 but this is REALLY annoying and making me want...
Sound & Audio
USB Condenser Mic Recording Volume Level
Hi guys, basically I have purchased a behringer c-1u, of course before I did some research and there were issues with the volume. Now that I have it, I have the same issue that many people with the mic also have, and that is with the volume it records at. In the windows sound mixer the...
Sound & Audio
Is there any way to permanently lock the mic volume level?
Hi, As the topic suggests, is there any way to permanently lock the mic volume level so no applications no nothing but me myself can change it? Reason I ask is for some reason my microphone volume level keeps resetting by itself. I like to have it at about 75% but all of a sudden it has...
Sound & Audio
Volume level keeps resetting to 30%
I'm at the end of my rope with my volume issue. I'm running Win 7 64 Pro with a Creative X-FI Gamer card (latest drivers). The issue: Master volume keeps resetting to 30%. Noticed it happens when I bring my PC out of standby, and when I run certain apps like Creative's sound panel. I've tried...
Sound & Audio
Why my volume level don't apprear equalizer
Please help me,i just upload 2 image to easy to know it :( http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3405/thuywc.th.jpg http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8233/thuy1.th.jpg
Graphic Cards
Sound volume level's changing?
Driver version Realtek HD 2.23 drivers. When ever I go in the options settings of garrys mod it resets my speaker volume and garrys mod volume to 10% any idea why it would be doing this?
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:33.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App