Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No Audio Output Device Installed

23 May 2009   #1
Armaron

Windows 7
 
 
No Audio Output Device Installed

First off, nice job on improving the OS. I skipped Vista and went from XP to Win7 RC. Huge improvement in ease of installation and getting set up.

But I can't find working audio drivers. Since the installation I keep getting "No Audio Output Device Installed" and a red X over my sound icon. I can install the drivers for my sound, I took the RealTek R2.24 drivers, they worked in xp. But in my Device Manager I still get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it on my sound. Furthermore, when I open Sound, there are no devices to output to. While I have a subwoofer, 4 boxes and a headphone attached to my PC.

I don't have a sound card since I have one on-board and it worked fine before. But for some reason it doesn't detect it. My motherboard is an Asus P5GD2 Premium.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Don't be affraid to get a bit technical, I'm an it student and I like tinkering with my machine.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 May 2009   #2
studiorat

windows 7 build 7600 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Armaron View Post
First off, nice job on improving the OS. I skipped Vista and went from XP to Win7 RC. Huge improvement in ease of installation and getting set up.

But I can't find working audio drivers. Since the installation I keep getting "No Audio Output Device Installed" and a red X over my sound icon. I can install the drivers for my sound, I took the RealTek R2.24 drivers, they worked in xp. But in my Device Manager I still get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it on my sound. Furthermore, when I open Sound, there are no devices to output to. While I have a subwoofer, 4 boxes and a headphone attached to my PC.

I don't have a sound card since I have one on-board and it worked fine before. But for some reason it doesn't detect it. My motherboard is an Asus P5GD2 Premium.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Don't be affraid to get a bit technical, I'm an it student and I like tinkering with my machine.

i wont get technical nor will I help all that much..lol
I had the same problem i was under the impression I had a realtek audio system in my laptop but it turned out to be Conexant High Def sd2 i found it by accident but on the HP website ..so try your comps manufacturer web site and and search the driver section and u might get lucky, also right click on the driver select trouble shoot and click troubleshoot then select the program worked in an earlier version , then select your old OS (XP) then click start program and it should start to install, when it does and if it works select save settings for this device within the same trouble shoot window, u will have to do a lot of this seeing as how its an RC and not fully equipped with all drivers

cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2009   #3
Armaron

Windows 7
 
 

Thanks for the info. I went looking for the right drivers, but I didn't see Vista drivers. Hope the old ones still work.

And I can't 'use an older version', because Win7 doesn't have that option. Hope they add more drivers soon.

EDIT - Woo, I got my old drivers to work. Thanks for the advice studiorat!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Jun 2009   #4
nicosuave

Windows 7
 
 

Armaron-

How did you get your old drivers to work.

Did you use the Windows XP drivers?? The ones where you have to download all three??

Please explain thoroughly...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2009   #5
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

That's corerect, XP driver will not work,

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your sound card.

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose Sound device
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.

If you can't locate mmore specific info here, you can download this free utility
Download PC WIZARD 2008

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2009   #6
suigetsu

windows 7
 
 
help me please

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by studiorat View Post
i wont get technical nor will I help all that much..lol
I had the same problem i was under the impression I had a realtek audio system in my laptop but it turned out to be Conexant High Def sd2 i found it by accident but on the HP website ..so try your comps manufacturer web site and and search the driver section and u might get lucky, also right click on the driver select trouble shoot and click troubleshoot then select the program worked in an earlier version , then select your old OS (XP) then click start program and it should start to install, when it does and if it works select save settings for this device within the same trouble shoot window, u will have to do a lot of this seeing as how its an RC and not fully equipped with all drivers

cheers
i've tried this multiple times but still no sound.

edit: when its in the installing phase an error says "no audio device found"......THATS WHY IM INSTALLING IT!!! lol i've been at this for like 3 days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2009   #7
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

Did you find the make and model of your sound card?

How old is this computer?

Have you gone to HP's site and typed in your PC model number?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2009   #8
suigetsu

windows 7
 
 

there are stickers missing so i dont know my sound card model...... but im 100% sure its conexant......its the only audio driver for my laptop, i got this in 2006 when i graduated high school so its old......yes i went to hp's site pretty much the day after the error started
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2009   #9
reghakr

Windows 7 Pro & Vista Home Premium
 
 

Did you try my previous suggestions?

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose Sound device
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.

If you can't locate mmore specific info here, you can download this free utility
Download PC WIZARD 2008

You could also download SIW (System Info) 2009.07.28 for more detailed information.

What OS was installed on the computer when you purchased it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2009   #10
suigetsu

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by reghakr View Post
Did you try my previous suggestions?

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose Sound device
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.

If you can't locate mmore specific info here, you can download this free utility
Download PC WIZARD 2008

You could also download SIW (System Info) 2009.07.28 for more detailed information.

What OS was installed on the computer when you purchased it?
just tried the msinfo32 thing.....no sound device comes up....b4 windows 7 i had xp with service pack 3

edit: i have this sound card IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No Audio Output Device Installed




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
No Audio Output Device is Installed
I believe this is an issue regarding an update. I had this issue before and did a system restore to back before I had installed a certain program, and the issue went away. Now however, I do not have a restore point that will go far enough back. I started up my computer today and I was hit...
Drivers
no audio output device installed
This is my wife's sony vaio, and she has had this problem with no sound on her laptop, when checking the volume control it says no audio output device installed. In device manager it says that she has Intel display audio. I need major help here please.
Sound & Audio
No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED
No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED, this is the message l got on sound icone since l installed windows 7 l have downloaded it several time the latest one it shows on control panel but not on device manager, l guess this is not really installed but l keep installing it and restat the laptop...
Sound & Audio
No audio output device installed
I bought a generic computer. It had windows vista installed and it used to display a message that No audio output device is installed . I recently installed windows 7 home premium 32 bit on it but it still says the same thing. I went to properties of it and found following error message.This device...
Sound & Audio
No audio output device installed...Tried everything, need some help.
All fixed...Hardware issue. Stripped it down and rebuilt it. Booted up and installed the drivers....woohoo I have sound again...lol Hi, I have had this problem now for a couple of months. What I have tried: Reinstall windows 7 Update bios Install the realtek high definition audio...
Sound & Audio
Realtek Audio: No Audio Output Device is Installed
Hello. Im having the dreadful "No Audio Output Device is Installed" problem on my realtek audio. It worked some months ago, but im in no position to do a roll back. Im sure the hardware is just fine, it works with Ubuntu. The computer is a Dell Vostro 430. My OS is win7 64bit. I tried...
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:05.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App