Hello, I'm having some problems with my audio. My computer is a Windows 7 Home Edition, soundcard is a Realtek High Definition Audio. The volume level is at about 5% or less, it was working fine and all of a sudden I can't hear anything or I can barely hear. I can see the levels at max when I play something but I can't hear a thing.
Here is what I have tried:
- I have tried raising all the levels from every device all the way to the top
- I have changed the settings under Communications to > Do Nothing
- I have uninstalled the drivers and re-installed. Downloaded the driver from Realtek and re-installed and also uninstalled the driver and re-installed automatically using windows 7 wizard.
- I have checked for any errors in my sound card using Sound troubleshooter and everything seems to be OK with the sound card.
- I also updated my drivers
- I used different set of speakers and headphones but still no luck
- I changed the plug from headphones to the hole in the back
If anyone knows what the problem may be I would really appreciate it. As I said it was working fine and suddenly the levels dropped to 5% or less. It went up to like 50% one time for about 2 seconds last night but now I can't hear anything. When I restart windows I can hear my speakers activate or something like that, but no other sound, not even the starting windows sound.
Thanks in advance