Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Window 7 audio not working please help !!

19 Oct 2010   #1
ipodtouchme

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
Window 7 audio not working please help !!

Hi i'm running window 7 version 6.1 (Build 7600)
The past week i have been trying to fix my audio i had try everything eg; reformatting,bios reset,installing-uninstalling different drives. i been using this computer for a good year until i install a new hard drive, which made my computer without any sound even the audio says it working, the only sound i hear is a dead radio with out any signal. I install every driver i can find from the old to the latest right now i am running "VIA high definition audio" which is the motherboard latests driver ...... this is making me stressing my *** off
help please ? any idea ?

My system information;

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MTHUANLE-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2670 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0410, 11/20/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Mthuanle-PC\M.thuanle
Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.71 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.62 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Additional information about my Audio


Device Audio : ASUSTeK Computer 82801J (ICH10) HD Audio Controller
Audio Playback : Speakers (VIA High Definition A
Audio Playback : SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High
Audio Playback : Digital Output Device (HDMI TX0
Audio Playback : Microsoft Sound Mapper
MIDI Output : Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
MIDI Output : Microsoft MIDI Mapper
Mixer Device : Speakers (VIA High Definition A
Mixer Device : SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High
Mixer Device : Digital Output Device (HDMI TX0




Attached Thumbnails
Window 7 audio not working please help !!-my-destop.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Oct 2010   #2
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

hi and welcome to the forums
what speakers are you using and what type of connection do you use?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #3
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

go to this site Microsoft Fix it Solution Center
Diagnose and repair sound playback problems automatically
and use the Diagnose and repair sound playback problems automatically
see if this helps to begin with


Attached Thumbnails
Window 7 audio not working please help !!-brys-fixit.png   Window 7 audio not working please help !!-brys-fixit2.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Oct 2010   #4
ipodtouchme

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

hi ! nice to be here
im using Logitech X-530 and what do you mean what type of connection do i use ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #5
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ipodtouchme View Post
hi ! nice to be here
im using Logitech X-530 and what do you mean what type of connection do i use ?
the connection to the speakers a usb plug? a mini 3.5 jack plug?(headphone type)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #6
ipodtouchme

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

i already did that yesterday still no work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #7
ipodtouchme

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Im using the jack 3.5 point at the back of my mother board
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #8
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ipodtouchme View Post
Hi i'm running window 7 version 6.1 (Build 7600)
The past week i have been trying to fix my audio i had try everything eg; reformatting,bios reset,installing-uninstalling different drives. i been using this computer for a good year until i install a new hard drive, which made my computer without any sound even the audio says it working, the only sound i hear is a dead radio with out any signal. I install every driver i can find from the old to the latest right now i am running "VIA high definition audio" which is the motherboard latests driver ...... this is making me stressing my *** off
help please ? any idea ?

My system information;

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MTHUANLE-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2670 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0410, 11/20/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Mthuanle-PC\M.thuanle
Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.71 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.62 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Additional information about my Audio


Device Audio : ASUSTeK Computer 82801J (ICH10) HD Audio Controller
Audio Playback : Speakers (VIA High Definition A
Audio Playback : SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High
Audio Playback : Digital Output Device (HDMI TX0
Audio Playback : Microsoft Sound Mapper
MIDI Output : Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
MIDI Output : Microsoft MIDI Mapper
Mixer Device : Speakers (VIA High Definition A
Mixer Device : SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High
Mixer Device : Digital Output Device (HDMI TX0
in computer management click on view and click on show hidden devices and see if any red crosses are there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #9
ipodtouchme

Window 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ipodtouchme View Post
Hi i'm running window 7 version 6.1 (Build 7600)
The past week i have been trying to fix my audio i had try everything eg; reformatting,bios reset,installing-uninstalling different drives. i been using this computer for a good year until i install a new hard drive, which made my computer without any sound even the audio says it working, the only sound i hear is a dead radio with out any signal. I install every driver i can find from the old to the latest right now i am running "VIA high definition audio" which is the motherboard latests driver ...... this is making me stressing my *** off
help please ? any idea ?

My system information;

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MTHUANLE-PC
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz, 2670 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0410, 11/20/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Mthuanle-PC\M.thuanle
Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.71 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.62 GB
Page File Space 4.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Additional information about my Audio


Device Audio : ASUSTeK Computer 82801J (ICH10) HD Audio Controller
Audio Playback : Speakers (VIA High Definition A
Audio Playback : SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High
Audio Playback : Digital Output Device (HDMI TX0
Audio Playback : Microsoft Sound Mapper
MIDI Output : Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
MIDI Output : Microsoft MIDI Mapper
Mixer Device : Speakers (VIA High Definition A
Mixer Device : SPDIF Interface (TX1) (VIA High
Mixer Device : Digital Output Device (HDMI TX0
in computer management click on view and click on show hidden devices and see if any red crosses are there
theres no red crosses


Attached Thumbnails
Window 7 audio not working please help !!-comp.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2010   #10
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

do you use realtek hd audio manager6.0.1.5898 ? as in the png


Attached Thumbnails
Window 7 audio not working please help !!-brys-realtek.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Window 7 audio not working please help !!




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Realtek audio, Gigabyte mobo: strange-sounding audio, mic not working
I have a self-assembled desktop PC - full specs in the signature below, but in short, it has an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor on a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P mainboard, which uses a Realtek Azalia ALC887 on-board sound system. I have no loudspeakers and listen to the computer sound exclusively...
Sound & Audio
Window 7 from XP audio driver changed.
Have updated from XP pro 32 bit to Windows 7 pro 32 bit , before the audio settings were from Realtek HD audio controller now they are Microsoft High Definition Audio Device. This is a very basic device , have checked on the Asrock site for a Realtek W7 driver but the latest one is a Vista...
Sound & Audio
Audio Jack not working, but USB Audio is.
My self built computer recently had a change of motherboard, I now have a Asrock N68C-GS FX. The front cases' and computers back audio jack are not working, I have tried numerous headphones and speakers. However my USB headset works perfectly. My drivers are all up to date, I'm struggling to...
Sound & Audio
Asus onboard audio no longer working since enabling front panel audio.
My audio rear outs used to work, but even so, i was primarily using hdmi out from my video card. I was also diagnosing BSODs at the time and sent my mobo back to asus for an rma. When it got back, I placed it in a different case and attached the font panel audio. Due to a new living...
Sound & Audio
Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed"
I'm running a Dell XPS 420, which came with Windows Vista. I decided this morning that I was going to give Windows 7 a try, backed up some media on another PC, and did a completely fresh install. Everything worked perfectly, I didn't even have to install any drivers. My native resolution was...
Sound & Audio
Onboard audio not working and audio drivers won't install
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem using my motherboardís onboard HD audio instead of my video cardís audio, so without further ado here is the situation; I have an Asus maximus iii gene motherboard which has a SupremeFX X-Fi built-in sound card (this is a very nice card provided you can...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App