Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7


29 Oct 2010   #1

Windows 7 32bit
 
 
SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7

Not sure if anyone can help on this one, but I have been trying to get my sound card working after installing Windows 7. I have been going back and forth with the support pers from Creative for over a month and now it looks like they are dumping me because I cannot find the receipt for my purchase.
I have followed everything they have told me, uninstall and re-install, trying in a different PCI slot, but all I keep getting is that its installed, but in device manager I get the yellow triangle with an exclamation point and when I open it, I get the message "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
They instructed me to use the file SB24_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0090 to do the install.
I know its not a very expensive card, but its all I require and it worked fine when I was running Windows XP.
I hope someone can help, because I have run out of idea's to try.

The other thing about this is that I got so made, I just went and bought another sound card and nope it wouldnt work either??

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Oct 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by redjeep View Post
Not sure if anyone can help on this one, but I have been trying to get my sound card working after installing Windows 7. I have been going back and forth with the support pers from Creative for over a month and now it looks like they are dumping me because I cannot find the receipt for my purchase.
I have followed everything they have told me, uninstall and re-install, trying in a different PCI slot, but all I keep getting is that its installed, but in device manager I get the yellow triangle with an exclamation point and when I open it, I get the message "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
They instructed me to use the file SB24_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0090 to do the install.
I know its not a very expensive card, but its all I require and it worked fine when I was running Windows XP.
I hope someone can help, because I have run out of idea's to try.

The other thing about this is that I got so made, I just went and bought another sound card and nope it wouldnt work either??
I know audigy will work in win 7 because I am using one now. why it and another card wont work sounds like an OS problem.

I would run a system file check

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, XP Mode, W8.1 Preview VM - 7 Pro x64 second remote tower
 
 

Hello redjeep Welsome to the Seven Forums!

Which model card are you running? There are several Audigy, Audigy 2, Audigy 4 and other models to choose from when looking for updates. The models that particular driver set is intended for are listed here.

Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
Sound Blaster Audigy Value/SE/LS
Sound Blaster 5.1 VX

If yours isn't one of those they pointed you at the wrong update which never helps from the start.

Another item would be checking to see if the card is lifted up in the slot any in case you didn't see the new one seated down fully. By the looks of any yellow marks Windows isn't able to see any drivers fully installed and made active.

Also recheck the bios setting to be sure the onboard audio if present hasn't been re-enabled since that will hamper sound from an expansion card installed separately.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Oct 2010   #4

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

ZigZag, thanks for the reply, I checked the files, no problems.

Nighthawk, I have the Sound Blaster Audigy SE. I checked the seating of the card and its in good. The on board audio has been disabled. I even tried enabling it and then disabling it. This is the message I get in the sound card properties

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #5

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Try this one "SB24_VTDRV_LB_1_04_0065A.exe"
I also have audigy se and tried anything to make it work.
It is also the last driver that support "what u hear" recording.
Installed it through device manager update driver.
(rename exe to zip and extract)

-system
-dev. manager
-update
Drivers/wdm/
-ctzapxx.ini
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #6

W7 Prem 64 on Dell, Home Build W7 Pro 64 1drv, XP Pro 1 drv
 
 

If you have Intel board check to make sure have installed INF drivers for your board. Also I used the drivers for Vista and worked fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #7

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Six9siX View Post
Try this one "SB24_VTDRV_LB_1_04_0065A.exe"
I also have audigy se and tried anything to make it work.
It is also the last driver that support "what u hear" recording.
Installed it through device manager update driver.
(rename exe to zip and extract)

-system
-dev. manager
-update
Drivers/wdm/
-ctzapxx.ini
Six, thanks for the reply, I tried it, but when I go to drivers/wdm I dont see the file ctzapxx.ini

Should I be able to see this file??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #8

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rhuds13 View Post
If you have Intel board check to make sure have installed INF drivers for your board. Also I used the drivers for Vista and worked fine.
Thanks for the reply, I have an Asus motherboard P5B deluxe and after doing a new install of Windows 7, I updated all the drivers for the motherboard
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #9

7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I see
have disk search not show that name like in explorer
try this


Attached Thumbnails
SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7-audigy-se.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Oct 2010   #10

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Six9siX View Post
I see
have disk search not show that name like in explorer
try this
Ok, tried that, but no success
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: SB Audigy SE - Not Working in Windows 7
Thread Forum
SB Audigy 2 mic not working in Win7 64bit Sound & Audio
Audigy 2ZS => Microphone not working Sound & Audio
SB Audigy 2 ZS Not Working Sound & Audio
Audigy Stereo Mix gone after windows update.... Windows Updates & Activation
Audigy 2 ZS Driver for Windows 7 Released Drivers
Windows 7, Audigy SE and Fable TLC Sound & Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS Not Working Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33