Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Headset - Mic is not working (With SS)


30 Nov 2010   #1

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Headset - Mic is not working (With SS)

I have a Creativ(E?) Fatal1ty
I've updated to the latest drivers, nothing 'happening.

People seem to be able to hear my computer sound, but not the mic itself, and I've tested the mic on another computer and it's working just fine there.
What can the issue be?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit


After some research, it could be the driver that's corrupt
Is there any FREE program that could fix this?



Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Nov 2010   #2

windows 7
 
 

thats the same card i had in my pc it thinks the mic in put is a line in. if you plug your mic into your onboard sound you get your mic working i still have not bin able to get mine working just like you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2011   #3

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

what is the make and model no. of the headset/mic..?
how is it connected - usb or input socket on the soundcard..?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Jul 2011   #4

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
what is the make and model no. of the headset/mic..?
how is it connected - usb or input socket on the soundcard..?
Fatal1ty Gaming Headset - Fatal1ty.com - Gaming Gear For Professional Gamers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2011   #5

Micro$oft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
I have a Creativ(E?) Fatal1ty
I've updated to the latest drivers, nothing 'happening.

People seem to be able to hear my computer sound, but not the mic itself, and I've tested the mic on another computer and it's working just fine there.
What can the issue be?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit


After some research, it could be the driver that's corrupt
Is there any FREE program that could fix this?

lets see now... its most likely your drivers... if they can hear your "PC sound" as in the your music, your error sounds... it sounds like theyre listening to the "What U hear" option, which looks to be hidden on your system... I'd bug CreativE for an updated driver..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2011   #6

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DrToxic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
I have a Creativ(E?) Fatal1ty
I've updated to the latest drivers, nothing 'happening.

People seem to be able to hear my computer sound, but not the mic itself, and I've tested the mic on another computer and it's working just fine there.
What can the issue be?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit


After some research, it could be the driver that's corrupt
Is there any FREE program that could fix this?

lets see now... its most likely your drivers... if they can hear your "PC sound" as in the your music, your error sounds... it sounds like theyre listening to the "What U hear" option, which looks to be hidden on your system... I'd bug CreativE for an updated driver..
Can't find any drivers to the non-USB version
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jul 2011   #7
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
Can't find any drivers to the non-USB version
That would be because there aren't any. What are missing and need to install are the drivers for your sound card, whether onboard or an actual card. As for which it is, at the moment only you know that as it doesn't show in your screen shot. If it is onboard then you can get the driver from the motherboard manufacturer, same if it is a sound card.

P.S. This is just in general for everyone else. Any time someone is asking about sound issues and they say or post a screen shot that says "high definition audio device", they need to install the proper drivers for it as all it is running on is the default Windows audio driver. The default driver has just enough functionality in most cases that you will get sound out of the computer, but much more beyond that requires the proper driver.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Headset - Mic is not working (With SS)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Headset - Mic is not working (With SS)
Thread Forum
Headset microphone not working Sound & Audio
Headset is not working? Sound & Audio
New Gaming Headset not working. Sound & Audio
cannot get my bluetooth headset working Sound & Audio
Headset mic not working with speech recognitio Sound & Audio
How to get my headset working, mike isnt working Sound & Audio
Creative USB Headset not working.... Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33