Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can't use bluetooth headphone with my wired earpiece!!!!

02 Feb 2011   #1
Dreck

win 7
 
 
Can't use bluetooth headphone with my wired earpiece!!!!

I can't use my bluetooth headphone and wired earpiece simultaneously. whenever I connect my bluetooth headphone to my laptop, the wired earpiece stops working.
I'm having Dell XPS L501X with Realtek High Definition Audio.
Is there any way to make them work simultaneously?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Feb 2011   #2
fireberd

Windows 7/10 64 bit
 
 

In most cases (all I've seen) you can only have one default playback device, e.g. PC speaker (and wired headphones) or another device such as your bluetooth or HDMI audio.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2011   #3
Dreck

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
In most cases (all I've seen) you can only have one default playback device, e.g. PC speaker (and wired headphones) or another device such as your bluetooth or HDMI audio.
That's true.
I just observed that by selecting the default audio output device in any media player settings, I can switch between those devices. Is there any way to direct the media player to use two output devices simultaneously?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Feb 2011   #4
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
In most cases (all I've seen) you can only have one default playback device, e.g. PC speaker (and wired headphones) or another device such as your bluetooth or HDMI audio.
That's true.
I just observed that by selecting the default audio output device in any media player settings, I can switch between those devices. Is there any way to direct the media player to use two output devices simultaneously?
I'm not sure as I don't have access to it right now but I believe there is a setting in the Realtek High Definition Manager to do this.

On the "Device Advanced Settings", I think there is an option that says "Simultaneously play all output devices" or something like that, try it out mate.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2011   #5
Dreck

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
In most cases (all I've seen) you can only have one default playback device, e.g. PC speaker (and wired headphones) or another device such as your bluetooth or HDMI audio.
That's true.
I just observed that by selecting the default audio output device in any media player settings, I can switch between those devices. Is there any way to direct the media player to use two output devices simultaneously?
I'm not sure as I don't have access to it right now but I believe there is a setting in the Realtek High Definition Manager to do this.

On the "Device Advanced Settings", I think there is an option that says "Simultaneously play all output devices" or something like that, try it out mate.
There's no such option

Is there any software to do this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2011   #6
mckillwashere

Windows 7 x86/x64, Server 2008r2, Web Server 2008
 
 

Are you wanting to use them with different applications?
Such as 1 with a voip or game and the other to watch movies,listen to music?

If so set your pc speakers to default and in the application you need to have your bluetooth play through check under options and you should be able to tell it which audio device to use.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2011   #7
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oreo27 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dreck View Post
That's true.
I just observed that by selecting the default audio output device in any media player settings, I can switch between those devices. Is there any way to direct the media player to use two output devices simultaneously?
I'm not sure as I don't have access to it right now but I believe there is a setting in the Realtek High Definition Manager to do this.

On the "Device Advanced Settings", I think there is an option that says "Simultaneously play all output devices" or something like that, try it out mate.
There's no such option

Is there any software to do this?
Whoops. Sorry mate. Just checked my desktop at home through Remote Desktop. I misread the option.

I'm not aware of any software to do this. Sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2011   #8
Dreck

win 7
 
 

Ok I got the solution. Here it is-
  1. Open Sound panel
  2. Select Speakers as the default playback device
  3. Go to the "Recording" tab
  4. Right click and enable "Show Disabled Devices"
  5. A recording device called "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" (this was my case) should appear
  6. Right click on the new device and click "Enable"
  7. Right click on the new device and click "Set as Default Device"
  8. Double click on the new device to open the Properties window
  9. Go to the "Listen" tab
  10. Click on the "Listen to this device" checkbox
  11. Select your bluetooth headphone device from the "Playback through this device" list and you're done.
The drawbacks-
  1. You won't have a microphone selected as default recording device
  2. The audio from the bluetooth headphone lags by 1-2 secs as compared to that of speaker.
If anyone can solve this lagging problem then it'll be appreciated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can't use bluetooth headphone with my wired earpiece!!!!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7: Using Bluetooth Headphones & Wired Speakers simultaneously?
Hi Guys, I'm thinking of acquiring some Bluetooth headphones to go with my speakers and I was wondering if it was possible to use the Bluetooth headphones simultaneously with wired speakers? Thanks!
Sound & Audio
Audio shifting settings for bluetooth headphone delay in Media Center
Is there any way to compensate for the bluetooth headphone audio delay while watching Live TV in Media Center? For movies it's simple I can do it through Media Player Classic but I don't see how to change any kind of audio shifting setting within Media Center.
Media Center
Sound coming from both headphone & speaker but headphone is not detect
I have Lenovo 3000 Y410 laptop having Windows 7 Home Premium installed on it. Realtek HD Audio latest driver is installed. But from the last 3 days, when I connect headphone through laptop, following things happen : - 1) Headphone connected popup doesn't show up. 2) Mic of Headphone connected pop...
Sound & Audio
problem pairing bluetooth headphone with alienware
Hello everyone, I just bought a dell alienware m14x, I love it so far. :D I pay the 20$ extra to have the Bluetooth option and I successfully pair my blackberry but when I am trying to pair my Bluetooth jay bird SB2 headphone with my computer, it doesnt work… :confused: the computer find my...
Sound & Audio
Bluetooth Headphone Pairing
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 that finds and apparently "connects" to my Rocketfish RF-MAB2 bluetooth headphones. However, the headphones never show up as a device in the sound/volume settings, so the computer plays sound from the speakers rather than the headphones. Any help will be much...
Hardware & Devices
Bluetooth Headphone
Fedora 12 claims it as here https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_tour Can I do the same in windows 7 As you can see in this screnshot http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7126/screenshotjr.th.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App