Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Audio: SB X-Fi Titanium Drivers
used: CD packaged
I finished building a new system, installed windows and started on getting my audio drivers installed.
The device manager lists the audio card in the device list and windows even gave the pop-up balloon notifying me that it installed correctly. Windows then informed me that I had to restart (as is customary.) I restarted.
Upon restart I immediately went into the audio console to turn on my DDL encoder (I use a SPDIF optical output for audio) and the console informed me that there was no audio device present. I double checked in the device manager and it was shown as installed and okay.
To make matters worse, Windows Sound Control Panel says no audio device is installed.
I'm at a loss now.
My next steps will be:
1. Uninstall and delete all devices and drivers and Creative Software.
3. Remove card from motherboard
4. Restart system
5. Scan for hardware changes (to ensure there aren't any false positives)
7. Install in motherboard
8. Restart system
9. Allow (hopefully) windows to automatically detect and install integrated drivers
10. Assuming 9. works, install Creative Software
Now just because I gave a rundown of my next processes don't cop out and say "that sounds good..." Please give some other ideas as to a cause (from experience) or other TB steps I can add to my list.
Thanks for any help you can give.