Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: HDMI audio out problem

02 Mar 2011   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
HDMI audio out problem

Hey!

I'm trying to hook up my pc to the tv through a hdmi cable. The image is just fine, but there is no sound coming out from the tv (the sound is always coming from the notebook)

Some things:
I updated the video drivers and the audio drivers
In the sound configuration, it says that the hdmi audio is not plugged in (but it is!)
It used to work, but I recently cleaned up my PC, and now, no deal!
Video card: ATI 5870
notebook: MSI gx660
Some time it appears some weird message on my notebook saying something about DVI and HDMI (I can't remember)

any ideas?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Retail)
 
 

I plugged the audio connector on my Mobo to the Audio in on the Vid card (I asume you have done the same). Then, in BIOS, I had an audio option to redirect one of my SPDIF to HDMI.
Maybe yours has a similar option?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2011   #3

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

My ATI HD4850 has built in audio, for the HDMI connection. In many cases you must manually set the HDMI as the default audio playback device in order to have audio in the HDMI signal.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Mar 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jebuchanan View Post
I plugged the audio connector on my Mobo to the Audio in on the Vid card (I asume you have done the same). Then, in BIOS, I had an audio option to redirect one of my SPDIF to HDMI.
Maybe yours has a similar option?
Not quite sure what you meant... I plugged the HDMI port from my notebook to the HDMI port of my TV

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
My ATI HD4850 has built in audio, for the HDMI connection. In many cases you must manually set the HDMI as the default audio playback device in order to have audio in the HDMI signal.
I can't do that, it says that the HDMI audio is not plugged in and it does not allow me to set it as the default
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Please post a screen shot of your device manager like this.......
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 164
Size:  76.4 KB

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums


My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2011   #6
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dgud View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jebuchanan View Post
I plugged the audio connector on my Mobo to the Audio in on the Vid card (I asume you have done the same). Then, in BIOS, I had an audio option to redirect one of my SPDIF to HDMI.
Maybe yours has a similar option?
Not quite sure what you meant... I plugged the HDMI port from my notebook to the HDMI port of my TV

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
My ATI HD4850 has built in audio, for the HDMI connection. In many cases you must manually set the HDMI as the default audio playback device in order to have audio in the HDMI signal.
I can't do that, it says that the HDMI audio is not plugged in and it does not allow me to set it as the default
You should be able to enable HDMI playback in Control Panel=>Sound, if it does not swap directly when the hdmi cable is plugged in.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Hey!

sorry for taking so long (carnaval here)

so here it is the screens

(both taken while the cable is plugged in)


Attached Thumbnails
HDMI audio out problem-test.jpg  
Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Mar 2011   #8
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64
 
 

So , you should Set Default the Realtek HDMI Output (ATI HDMI Audio) when cable plugged in...

Here some more infos about refresh rates:
Force DVI/HDMI resolutions and refresh rates
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I have this problem, but I assumed it could be that my TV is old and the firmware is not telling the comp it is capable of receiving an HDMI signal? because in my nvidia control panel my TV just comes up as "Digital Display'... like generic, when it should be giving the brand name etc., right? It's an Olevia 32"... 232-T11. IT also said that my 'Digital display' does not support HDCP. I tried rigorous detection with no luck, and for some reason Force Detection is grayed out...???

and in response to NoN ^ when it says not connected or device unplugged (even though it is plugged in), you cannot set it as default, it won't let you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Mar 2011   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dgud View Post
Hey!

sorry for taking so long (carnaval here)

so here it is the screens

(both taken while the cable is plugged in)
Did you load the video driver from the AMD site?

The AMD HDMI driver is installed as part of the CCC driver package.
It looks like you don't have the right driver installed.
Download it from here.....AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HDMI audio out problem





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: HDMI audio out problem
Thread Forum
Solved Another HDMI Audio Problem Sound & Audio
Hdmi audio problem Music, Pictures & Video
HDMI Audio Problem Sound & Audio
HDMI audio problem when connecting LCD TV to PC via HDMI Sound & Audio
Windows 7 64 bit HDMI Audio Problem Sound & Audio
HDMI Audio Problem Sound & Audio
HP DV6000 HDMI Audio Problem Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33