Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sound issue (Conexant sound driver)


13 Mar 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 
Sound issue (Conexant sound driver)

Ok, first of all, i'm not sure how to properly explain this, because it's confusing, but i'll try my best and if any more information is needed please let me know!

So, I bought this packard bell laptop preinstalled with windows 7 from pc world in September. And for as long as I can remember, i'm having issues with sound. Not huge issues, small issues that are really annoying.

What basically happens is, when i play music or any other sound, it plays fine, clearly, through my speakers and headphones (tested both), but every 30 seconds or so, it makes a buzzing noise that lasts around 2-3 seconds (sometimes longer, will be explained), and during those 2-3 seconds, my computer basically freezes. I can't move my mouse until the buzzing stops. This only happens when sound is played. I've had it tested and the sound card proved to be fine, so i'm not sure what the issue could be.

Occasionally, the buzzing would last forever, until I have to hold the power button down on my laptop, because I can't move the mouse/do anything, this happens rarely though, its more of a 2-3 second thing.

Some information about my speakers/drivers:

It's a packard bell easynote tx86, installed with:

Conexant High Definition Audio, and Intel (R) Display Drivers (According to device manager)
It has Dolby Home Theater featured on the speakers
On the control panel, according to the playback audio devices, it has: S/PDIF interface, a long with just "Speakers", both powered by the Conexant High Defintion Audio drivers. No clue what the S/PDIF interface's role is.

If any more information on drivers/speakers are needed i'll do my best to provide.

I've also done a reformat, to no avail, and have tried uninstalling my sound drivers, and installing the ones from packard bell's official website, also to no avail, so am really cringing for help.


Thanks alot in advance, and if any more information is needed, please ask.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2011   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Really need help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Hi Taz1

I've got the same laptop and I'm having the same problem although not so severe - the buzzes last only half a second on mine. I haven't found a solution yet I'm afraid. I've tried installing all the drivers I could find, no luck. Tried reseting the computer, no help. Now I've just got my computer back after it had it's CPU and hard disk replaced and the problem has just occurred again.

The buzzing noise sounds to me like it's getting caught in short loops. It's playing the same tiny fraction of the music over and over thirty or so times before continuing which makes it sound like a buzzing. I'm not sure if that brings us any closert to a solution but there you go.

I'll try The Tech Guys again and see where I get. Although all I'm getting is sick of their call holding music.

Mark
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Apr 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paaants101 View Post
Hi Taz1

I've got the same laptop and I'm having the same problem although not so severe - the buzzes last only half a second on mine. I haven't found a solution yet I'm afraid. I've tried installing all the drivers I could find, no luck. Tried reseting the computer, no help. Now I've just got my computer back after it had it's CPU and hard disk replaced and the problem has just occurred again.

The buzzing noise sounds to me like it's getting caught in short loops. It's playing the same tiny fraction of the music over and over thirty or so times before continuing which makes it sound like a buzzing. I'm not sure if that brings us any closert to a solution but there you go.

I'll try The Tech Guys again and see where I get. Although all I'm getting is sick of their call holding music.

Mark
Thanks for the reply, if you do find anything from Tech Guys, please do let me know

I have also reformated my PC, new hard disk installed, etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2011   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Taz1 View Post
On the control panel, according to the playback audio devices, it has: S/PDIF interface, a long with just "Speakers", both powered by the Conexant High Defintion Audio drivers. No clue what the S/PDIF interface's role is.
This is just another connection and nothing to do with the problem

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Taz1 View Post

I've also done a reformat, to no avail, and have tried uninstalling my sound drivers, and installing the ones from packard bell's official website, also to no avail, so am really cringing for help.


Thanks alot in advance, and if any more information is needed, please ask.
Hello Taz right click on the speaker device and select Properties , Enhancements place a tick in disable all enhancements select DTS effects and check that nothing is enabled now try it again and see if there is any change.
These settings have been known to cause problems if it still does not improve I would suggest taking it back and getting it fixed under warranty
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sound issue (Conexant sound driver)




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Sound issue (Conexant sound driver)
Thread Forum
Laptop is slow after Conexant CX20671 Sound Card Driver Update Performance & Maintenance
conexant sound driver no stereo mix? Hardware & Devices
Conexant Sound Driver does not install Sound & Audio
Solved can't find Conexant sound card stereo mixer driver Drivers
HP Pavilion zd8000 - Conexant AC-97 - No Sound!! Sound & Audio
Conexant Ac-97 Sound Problem Sound & Audio
Conexant sound card not working Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33