Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sound not coming out from the TV Speakers using HMDI


03 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7 7232 x64 bit
 
 
Sound not coming out from the TV Speakers using HMDI

Dear All,

i really need your help.

i'm trying since last week to get my new Samsung HD TV to work on my Desktop.

after a lot of google researches, i've figured out how to get the HDMI output Option from BIOS setting,

i successfully set it up as default and everything seems fine, BUT the sound is not coming out.

My VGA is DVI AUDIO Enabled.

the connection is DVI to HDMI adapter, then HDMI to HDMI Cable to the TV.

i even treid to connect audio cables from the sound card to the DVI/HDMI 2 port in the TV, but again no luck .

any ideas guys??


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jul 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
sound issue

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zayoun View Post
Dear All,

i really need your help.

i'm trying since last week to get my new Samsung HD TV to work on my Desktop.

after a lot of google researches, i've figured out how to get the HDMI output Option from BIOS setting,

i successfully set it up as default and everything seems fine, BUT the sound is not coming out.

My VGA is DVI AUDIO Enabled.

the connection is DVI to HDMI adapter, then HDMI to HDMI Cable to the TV.

i even treid to connect audio cables from the sound card to the DVI/HDMI 2 port in the TV, but again no luck .

any ideas guys??
First welcome to SF and thanks for filling n your system specs

Im going to start with the basics. you updated the audio driver to win 7 right?
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 Rc Build 7264 x86, Ubuntu
 
 

Had the same issue with my LG lcd tv, turned out it was a setting in the audio tree of the tv menu itself . . .

Hope this helps

Scott
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Jul 2009   #4

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Once I had this problem and finaly I it cleared out that the HDMI cabel was bad.
I went to a shop and told my problem to an expert and he said that there are some crazy cable on the market what seems to be work but not really the way we want it
After i bought a new cable - the most expensive one what i found - it worked well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 7232 x64 bit
 
 

zigzag3143,

thanks a lot, am proud of my system specs , and to answer your question, Yes i updated to the latest driver 2.77 from realtek.com

by the way, am a very advanced PC User. which am proud of again . but this thing really killed me, i tried every single possible thing.

Webadict,

thanks for the info, but i already checked it, there is only one thing weird, ti have something called "Sound Select", and the option selected is "Main". which i cannot even play with it as it is Grey Colored.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #6

Windows 7 7232 x64 bit
 
 

hi Robertoszwald,

your idea is the first one that i read regarding the cable,

i have a Touchmate HDMI cable, which is cheap. but original...

but am totally with you. what is your cable Brand so i can search for one...

i reached a point that windows 7 is the cause as a lot of ppl said its working fine on vista.

as i said up as well, i tried to connect audio cables from the sound card to the DVi port in the TV, but no luck again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zayoun View Post
hi Robertoszwald,

your idea is the first one that i read regarding the cable,

i have a Touchmate HDMI cable, which is cheap. but original...

but am totally with you. what is your cable Brand so i can search for one...

i reached a point that windows 7 is the cause as a lot of ppl said its working fine on vista.

as i said up as well, i tried to connect audio cables from the sound card to the DVi port in the TV, but no luck again.
Sorry I can not remember the brand and i am not at home now to check it. If you still need it an next wednesday i can tell you.
Isn't it possible that your TV can not handel the hdmi sound? i don't know much about it, but may be you should try to give it only a single stereo sign if it is possible. If i'm right your TV has only stereo speakers, may be it has to downsample the audio to stereo, and may be it can not do it. Then you have to do it on the PC within the media player program. I've got no more ideas. And sorry if I said silly things.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #8
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Stupid question time. Did you remember to connect the SPDIF cable that should have come with your video card, from the cards SPDIF header to the SPDIF header on the motherboard?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #9

Windows 7 7232 x64 bit
 
 

stormy 13,

thank you for the Stupid question time, i checked it out, it was connected to the motherboard in the wrong order. just converted them to the correct position. and everything went fine..

thanks a lot again guys, if anyone needs something just buzz me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2009   #10

Windows 7 RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zayoun View Post
stormy 13,

thank you for the Stupid question time, i checked it out, it was connected to the motherboard in the wrong order. just converted them to the correct position. and everything went fine..

thanks a lot again guys, if anyone needs something just buzz me.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sound not coming out from the TV Speakers using HMDI




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Sound not coming out from the TV Speakers using HMDI
Thread Forum
Sound coming from speakers when headphones attached Sound & Audio
No sound coming from speakers/headphones General Discussion
No sound coming from speakers, headphones OK Hardware & Devices
Asus K61-IC Sound coming from speakers when HDMI is plugged in Sound & Audio
HMDI 5.1 Sound (Through TV & Receiver) Sound & Audio
Sound not coming through speakers Sound & Audio
5.1 - sound only coming from 2 speakers in windows 7 Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33