Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Hear myself thru my speakers when I talk with mic

14 Jul 2009   #1

duh
 
 
Hear myself thru my speakers when I talk with mic

How would I disable this? When I talk thru my mic I can hear myself speak thru my speakers. I'm using a X-FI Fatality Champion with Front Panel and using the Front Planel's Line-in/Mic2 input. Also I'm using Windows 7 7600. I've tried both inputs for the mic, the one on the actual sound card (Mic 1) and the front input both make my own voice play thru the speakers. I don't want to hear myself talk.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jul 2009   #2

Windows 7 RC Build7100
 
 

You need to mute the Microphone in "Playback devices", but leave it for "Recording Devices". The same goes for Windows XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2009   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
hear yourself

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mswanson00 View Post
How would I disable this? When I talk thru my mic I can hear myself speak thru my speakers. I'm using a X-FI Fatality Champion with Front Panel and using the Front Planel's Line-in/Mic2 input. Also I'm using Windows 7 7600. I've tried both inputs for the mic, the one on the actual sound card (Mic 1) and the front input both make my own voice play thru the speakers. I don't want to hear myself talk.
h
Might help if we knew what hardware you have and if any sound software ahs been installed

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Jul 2009   #4

duh
 
 

Thanks I had to mute it thru Creative's software. I've always thought by muting it that way would mute it completely. Thanks Aheaton.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 RC Build7100
 
 

no problem! Take all my rep away if you like
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mswanson00 View Post
Thanks I had to mute it thru Creative's software. I've always thought by muting it that way would mute it completely. Thanks Aheaton.
Maybe I'm blind but I don't see that setting in Creative's software. I'm running Windows7 myself, that setting isn't in there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smikules View Post
Maybe I'm blind but I don't see that setting in Creative's software. I'm running Windows7 myself, that setting isn't in there.
It's not in the software. It's in the audio settings in Windows. Click the speaker icon bottom right corner.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2009   #8
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong18 View Post
It's not in the software. It's in the audio settings in Windows. Click the speaker icon bottom right corner.
Actually it is. In the Console Launcher in either Game or Entertainment mode under Mixer is the setting for the mic, for both playback and recording (and is linked to the Windows settings). The one place in the Creative software you won't find it is in the Audio Control Panel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Dec 2010   #9
WSL

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
This takes care of the issue

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mswanson00 View Post
How would I disable this? When I talk thru my mic I can hear myself speak thru my speakers. I'm using a X-FI Fatality Champion with Front Panel and using the Front Planel's Line-in/Mic2 input. Also I'm using Windows 7 7600. I've tried both inputs for the mic, the one on the actual sound card (Mic 1) and the front input both make my own voice play thru the speakers. I don't want to hear myself talk.
Goto Recording devices in the Windows Sound Control Panel;
Goto Microphone properties;
Goto Custom Tab;
Check the box that says "Do Not Monitor"

Problem Solved
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2011   #10

w7 32bit
 
 

For me (Windows 7):
Type Sound search
Click Sound
Click how you LISTEN to your sound
Click Properties
Click Levels
Click the Mute Button down next to Microphone
Tap on your microphone and feel great relief
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Hear myself thru my speakers when I talk with mic




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33