Okay, I could really use some advice here.
I inserted an old video card into a PCI slot this afternoon (I wanted to run more than 2 monitors). When I booted up the computer I heard a lot static coming from the speakers. When Windows turned up I saw it trying to install the new driver for the old video card. Ultimately, the install failed and the static became very loud. So, I shut down my PC, pulled the video card and turned back on the computer. The static noise did not go away.
Below is a list of things I have tried, which have not worked:
- Removing the speaker's audio jack and plugging headphones into the audio jack on the back of the PC;
- Removing the speaker's audio jack and only using the headphone jack on the front of the PC; (note: when I view my volume mixer in I can see the output going up and down denoting that the computer "sees" the audio and is sending it);
- Uninstalled/Reinstalled/Updated my audio drivers;
- Rolled back my OS system to July 29th;
- Updated Windows 7 to the current version;
- Made sure nothing is muted;
- Tried plugging in both headphones and my speakers, but the headphones are static and no sound at all from speakers
Edit: Sorry, my computer specs: (.html export from CPUID) http://www.sgajewski.com/SGAJEWSKI-PC.html