Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: tv to pc hdmi no sound

24 Aug 2011   #1
iceeavenger

Windows 7 premium home edition 64bit
 
 
tv to pc hdmi no sound

Hi!! I have a Dell580 inspiron with windows 7 and I connected it to my RCA LCD HDTV with a new HDMI cable from the HDMI port in the pc to HDMI port on the tv but the sound only comes through the computers outside speakers. BTW the picture is fine on the tv. Can someone let me know if there is a solution to this issue. It will be greatly appreciated!!!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Aug 2011   #2
mrdemon

Windows 7 Home Pre
 
 

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 359
Size:  44.6 KB

Goto your Speaker in the corner right click and select Playback devices.

Right Click on the HDMI and Enable or set as Main Device.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #3
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

+1 , good advice!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Aug 2011   #4
Visions

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I understand, that you want to use the tv a bit like a monitor. The problem might be that your computer speakers are still marked as the default sound output. This means that the tv is not the one that is chosen to the play the computer sounds. You should be able find the tv in control panel -> hardware & sound -> sound. Set your tv or hdmi whichever one shows up, as the default sound. This should work, if not please say so! hope it helps!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #5
mrdemon

Windows 7 Home Pre
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Visions View Post
I understand, that you want to use the tv a bit like a monitor. The problem might be that your computer speakers are still marked as the default sound output. This means that the tv is not the one that is chosen to the play the computer sounds. You should be able find the tv in control panel -> hardware & sound -> sound. Set your tv or hdmi whichever one shows up, as the default sound. This should work, if not please say so! hope it helps!
Thats what I said, lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #6
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mrdemon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Visions View Post
I understand, that you want to use the tv a bit like a monitor. The problem might be that your computer speakers are still marked as the default sound output. This means that the tv is not the one that is chosen to the play the computer sounds. You should be able find the tv in control panel -> hardware & sound -> sound. Set your tv or hdmi whichever one shows up, as the default sound. This should work, if not please say so! hope it helps!
Thats what I said, lol
Lol I thought that, maybe he was still typing while you posted?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #7
iceeavenger

Windows 7 premium home edition 64bit
 
 
Hi!

Hi! There are no HDMI icons showing in that screen just the speakers. Do I need to take any specific action to get the HDMI icon to appear on that screen. Thanks!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #8
Visions

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mrdemon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Visions View Post
I understand, that you want to use the tv a bit like a monitor. The problem might be that your computer speakers are still marked as the default sound output. This means that the tv is not the one that is chosen to the play the computer sounds. You should be able find the tv in control panel -> hardware & sound -> sound. Set your tv or hdmi whichever one shows up, as the default sound. This should work, if not please say so! hope it helps!
Thats what I said, lol
Lol I thought that, maybe he was still typing while you posted?
Yeah I'm sorry, I was typing my post while there were still no replies. Sorry about that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #9
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by iceeavenger View Post
Hi! There are no HDMI icons showing in that screen just the speakers. Do I need to take any specific action to get the HDMI icon to appear on that screen. Thanks!!!!

Does the graphics card on your pc have a hdmi output or are you using a dvi to hdmi adapter?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Aug 2011   #10
iceeavenger

Windows 7 premium home edition 64bit
 
 

I'm using an HDMI cable connected to the back of the computer through the HDMI connecter port to the HDMI port in the back of the tv.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 tv to pc hdmi no sound




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
No sound through HDMI
A few days ago, I plugged a HDMI cable into my new laptop and watched a few videos on my HDTV. No problems whatsoever. Since then though, every time I plug in the HDMI cable, the video comes through just fine, but there's no sound. I've found several threads with similar problems, both here and on...
Sound & Audio
Sound Control panel takes 2 minutes to open; HDMI sound inconsistent
Brand new Windows 7 Home Premium (6 bit) computer. When I click on the Sound control panel item, sometimes it takes 1-2 minutes to open. But that's kind of minor (although I'd like to know how to fix it), because sometimes the HDMI sound to my HDTV works fine, and sometimes it doesn't work at all....
Sound & Audio
NO SOUND TROUGH HDMI ON ACER AX3400-U3032 and No HDMI Icon in sound se
Had to replace motherboard from authorized acer parts dealer now I get no sound through HDMI port. I did through the original board until it got fried by electrical surge. Can any one help or send me a picture of the inside the same model to make sure all jumpers on the motherboard are in the...
Sound & Audio
No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only?
So I've got a problem,I changed my case 2 days ago and everything went great,all working as it should be.Up until an hour ago,when the lid got stuck in one of the little clips so after a quick bang it went in.But then I lost my picture on both monitors. So I went to investigate,I ended up...
Sound & Audio
no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt
Yesterday I installed a new external hard drive - following the installation - my sound no longer played through my television (video is fine, HDMI connection) and sound now comes ONLY through the laptop speakers. The option for HDMI Audio doesn't appear in the 'sound' menus. I have 'checked'...
Sound & Audio
No sound via audio jacks, but sound via hdmi.
I recently done a new build, not with the same specs I have on here; i5 2500k p8z77-m pro sapphire radeon 6870 I cannot get any sound through the front+back headphone jacks, realtek doesnt detect any audio devices, however i can mess around with the settings to get windows to say i have...
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App