|20 Sep 2011||#1|
| || |
High DPC Latency causing sound issues DESKTOP PC... Here we go again.
Hello every one, since installing windows 7 professional i have been getting random spikes every now and then, when streaming from the internet like youtube, and its driving me insane. I've tried lots of things to try and solve the problem... But to no prevail! I will list below.
1. Turn off intell speed thing in bios (stops the cpu from going to sleep)
2. Turn off "allow the computer to put this device to sleep" on power management for lan card.
3. Turn off on board lan and use a seperate dedicated lan card (the card is not expensive only a 7 pound stlab n-210) and turn off let pc turn it off blah blah
4.disable HD5770 HD sound (in device manager i disabled it, but i dont think thats the problem)
5. Stop using morzilla firefox and tried using microsoft explorer (a latency monitor program advised me a extension in firefox was causing the spike)
6. Turn off onboard sound and use USB sound instead (i have both usb speakers and usb headphones)
7. Reinstall windows 7 pro and get all updates.
8. Uninstall mcafee and try browsing without it
10. Shouting at the computer.
11. updating every drive on computer, lan cards, graphics, windows update and so forth.
12. Updating bios (flash update) 1.7 latest for my mobo
13. read lots and lots of threads on many differnt leads to the cause, but finally i'm in belief its the lan, since unplugging the internet stop all the spikes and replugging it in causes instant spikes.
And still i can not solve this problem, its driving me insane! The strange thing is though, i do not seem to get this DPC spikes when playing games... CS:Source, Starcraft 2 BUT i do get it in Call of duty black ops! and in Skype.
I've searched lots of threads but can not solve this problem... Pleae can any one help me. If i have missed any details out please let me know and i will gladly add them in. Thank you in advance
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: High DPC Latency causing sound issues DESKTOP PC... Here we go again.|
|storport.sys causing high dpc latency, windows 7 64bit||Drivers|
|ndis.sys causing high DPC Latency||Network & Sharing|
|Very high CPU usage, causing very high laptop CPU temps (90c idle)||Performance & Maintenance|
|High CPU usage, low fps, high latency.||Performance & Maintenance|
|DPC Latency causing audio stuttering, crackling||Sound & Audio|
|High latency DC in WoW||Network & Sharing|