|07 Oct 2011||#1|
| || |
RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs.
I'm pulling my hair out over this one so if anyone has any idea please, please let me hear them!
I have the following setup:
Windows 7 Pro x64
Intel DP55WG mobo w/ onboard RealTek HD (889)
Driver Version: 220.127.116.1149 from RealTek
MSI Nvidia GTX 460
Just using normal analog speakers or headphones audio works as expected. I can play WoW, Rift, a number of other games, iTunes, play a DVD, whatever - it all works fine and as expected. I can do this for hours and hours with no issues.
When I try to run any TWO or more programs that use audio at the same time (like vent and a game, or a game and iTunes for example); after a random amount of time the audio to the speakers will just cut out - like it's muted. This happens with headphones or normal stereo speakers plugged into the rear analog jack. I have not tested with any other speaker setups as I don't have any right now.
Here is some of the troubleshooting I've done:
- There are no error messages in any system logs.
- The mixer acts like nothing is wrong you can see audio levels playing, adjust sound level, etc but nothing comes out of the speakers.
- If I put the machine into sleep mode or reboot it the sound starts working again.
- While the audio is "cut out" the mic still works (people in skype or vent can still hear me but I can not hear them - I can also "monitor" the mic and it outputs the mic sound to my speakers).
- I've uninstalled, reinstalled drivers. I've tried older drivers and the newest drivers and all the drivers between.
- Tested with the HDMI audio output devices both Disabled and Enabled, no change
- Tested with the Digital output enabled/disabled, no change.
- In the driver tried testing with the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" checked and unchecked, no change.
- Restarting the Windows Audio Services has no effect or changes the state. Only sleep mode or hard reboot makes it start working again.
- Tried unplugging and replugging in the speakers and/or headphones, swapping them out, etc. no change to the state of the output of audio.
This is the most insane, frustrating PC issue I've ever had to troubleshoot.
|My System Specs|
|10 Oct 2011||#3|
| || |
Had similar problem on asus laptop with VIA sound chip..
sometimes sound just did not played (even using single program, so its bit different). everything (mixer, windows sound control etc.) was showing that sound is playing, you can adjust volume and do other things like normal. only restart would help to bring sound back. tried many drivers, but that was of no help. Sold the laptop.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs.|
|Realtek HD Audio No Rear Sound||Sound & Audio|
|NO sound Windows 7 32-bit using Realtek HD audio||Sound & Audio|
|Realtek Audio Windows 7 No Sound||Sound & Audio|
|Programs don't start at startup, eg. Setpoint, itype, realtek audio||Software|
|Realtek HD Audio Sound Comes and Goes||Hardware & Devices|
|No sound, only crackling with Realtek HD Audio||Sound & Audio|
|Realtek audio, no sound, need help!||Sound & Audio|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.