I have a Dell Precision T5400 workstation that was recently upgraded to Windows 7 64. Since the upgrade, I'm unable to use my audio card. I've downloaded and installed the latest drivers
from Creative several times. No matter what I do, the device won't become available and I get a "Code 39" message in properties for the device in the device manager.
Here's a list of things I've tried:
- I've uninstalled and swept out all creative drivers and re-installed. No luck.
- I've done the same and removed, rebooted, shut down, re-installed the card and installed the drivers. No luck.
- I've tried running the installers in different compatibility modes. No luck.
- I've check the registry entries for upper and lower bound entries in case this issue was similar to the occasional missing CD/DVD problem that's fixed by this registry hack. No luck.
- I've lowered available memory to 2 Gigs as greater than 4 Gigs has been reported as a problem for SB cards in the past. No luck.
- Dell support had nothing.
- Dell doesn't provide Windows 7 drivers for this card or for the onboard sound card, for that matter.
There's plenty of talk in the threads about "Daniel K" drivers, but all the links are dead ends.
I've read through the Sound Blaster sticky thread and tried everything I could and some extra things to boot.
Am I missing something?
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Precision WorkStation T5400
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz, 2327 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A09, 5/23/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"