Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Sound Card recommendations

25 Nov 2011   #1
MadSupra354

 
Sound Card recommendations

I have some money to spare on my gaming rig, and I thought the next thing to upgrade would be the sound card. Right now, I'm using the integrated 7.1 audio on my Asus motherboard, which isn't anything special.
I'm using a true 5.1 headset (Roccat Kave).
I was thinking of purchasing a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional. Would this make much of a difference, and or do you recommend better at a similar price?



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Nov 2011   #2
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Hi.

Is this your motherboard?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3


""ALC 892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- Support 192khz/24bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Optical S/PDIF Out ports at back I/O
- ASUS Noise Filter""

And you want more?

I know that,you didnt ask this but....
If you want to spend some money buy SSD to boost your system.
SSD = faster computer,windows,loading,gaming,......
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #3
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
.
I was thinking of purchasing a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional. Would this make much of a difference, and or do you recommend better at a similar price?
I doubt it would make an improvement. You might hear a "difference", but who knows if you think that would be an improvement.

I'd avoid Creative Labs except at the point of a gun.

If you want to upgrade sound, look at your other hardware: speakers, amplifier, headphones.

Or better yet, spend the money elsewhere--like on an SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Nov 2011   #4
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Hi.

Is this your motherboard?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3


""ALC 892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- Support 192khz/24bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Optical S/PDIF Out ports at back I/O
- ASUS Noise Filter""

And you want more?

I know that,you didnt ask this but....
If you want to spend some money buy SSD to boost your system.
SSD = faster computer,windows,loading,gaming,......
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
.
I was thinking of purchasing a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional. Would this make much of a difference, and or do you recommend better at a similar price?
I doubt it would make an improvement. You might hear a "difference", but who knows if you think that would be an improvement.

I'd avoid Creative Labs except at the point of a gun.

If you want to upgrade sound, look at your other hardware: speakers, amplifier, headphones.

Or better yet, spend the money elsewhere--like on an SSD.
ignatzatsonic Its seem that we agree!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #5
MadSupra354

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Hi. Is this your motherboard?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
Yes, that is. I didn't know it had such good integrated sound

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
spend the money elsewhere--like on an SSD.
I would spend the money on an SSD, but 1 I want high capacity and 2 Wouldn't that mean I'd have to reinstall Windows and everything? I have a system image on my other hard drive if that makes a difference...
Also as of right now the prices of Hard Drives are too high.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #6
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
spend the money elsewhere--like on an SSD.
I would spend the money on an SSD, but 1 I want high capacity (around 300GB) and 2 Wouldn't that mean I'd have to reinstall Windows and everything? I have a system image on my other hard drive if that makes a difference...
The standard way to use SSDs is to just use them for Windows and your installed applications----that is normally no more than 100 GB, usually less.

Then use your regular hard drive for all of your data.

You should be able to restore your image to a new SSD. Even if you had to reinstall Windows, I'd say an SSD is a better way to spend on an upgrade than to buy a new sound card.


The prices of SSDs have not moved much. Regular hard drives have jumped way up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #7
MadSupra354

 

I don't really see the point in using an SSD just for Windows. Especially with Windows 8 improving boot times drastically.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #8
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

Ideally, you'd like everything on an SSD.

You will have a long wait if you are waiting for SSDs of, say, 1TB, to be priced anywhere near what a comparable HDD would be---years.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2011   #9
panais

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
I don't really see the point in using an SSD just for Windows. Especially with Windows 8 improving boot times drastically.
Just a few benefits from SSD Top Ten Benefits of SSD | Samsung Business Insights and more....better\faster gaming,in loading and in gaming.........amd more....

The above is from Samsung,though they are even faster SSD like OCZ vertex etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Sound Card recommendations




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need Recommendations For Graphic Card for my pc
Hi I have an Acer M1935 Desktop Can You Recommend me some graphic card with a low budget of 100 usd Here Are my specs http://i41.tinypic.com/5umno6.jpg
Graphic Cards
Need Recommendations For Graphic Card for my pc
Hi I have an Acer M1935 Desktop Can You Recommend me some graphic card with a low budget of 100 usd Here Are my specs http://i41.tinypic.com/5umno6.png
Hardware & Devices
USB Sound card recommendations
Hi all, I realise this isn't an issue or a problem, but I was wondering if anyone had some quick recommendations for a USB sound card? I'm looking for around 50 or lower, and was looking at this, but I don't know if this would be a huge step up. I would appreciate any help, Thanks.
Sound & Audio
Graphics Card Recommendations
Hey, I have been looking to get a new graphics card lately as my current one is starting to lack power for modern games. I was just wondering if you can give me some recommendations of some good graphics card that can be covered by my current power supply (620W) and rig ( see details) or if ...
Graphic Cards
Need recommendations for a TV Tuner Card
I'm looking to install a TV tuner card into my computer. I want to be able to record "over the air / ATSC / free" tv shows (no cable or satellite) like a DVR. Then I want to save the file onto a USB stick so I can plug it into my Sony Blu-ray player and watch it in my living room on my large TV. ...
Hardware & Devices
Firewire 800 Card Recommendations
I am looking for a firewire 800 add-on card for my current system. I'm not looking for "budget" or "cheap," I just want something very reliable and robust for Windows 7 x64 (and Vista x64). What firewire 800 cards have you all found to work well in Windows 7 x64 and Vista x64 (both are Home...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App