Thanks for both replies.
My wireless headphones "Sennheiser" only has two cords: one is audio cord that goes to the audio jack in the back of my monitor and the other one is power cord which goes to an electric outlet. According to the support team at Sennheiser it is supposed to work just like that, which holds true with my previous monitor.
Things I have already tried:
- Uninstalling every driver
under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in Device Manager and rebooting.
- Uninstalling everything under Sound, Video and Game controllers in device Manager and rebooting.
- I even ran "Driver Detective" to see if some driver is out-of-date. The results came up with no out-of-date drivers
and the USB audio codec Driver I used to set as default in the Sound window under Playback tab whenever I wanted to use my headphones is shown in that application as unplugged device among others. I have already checked everything connected to my PC and all seemed to be in proper order. Like I already said my speakers are working fine.
- In BIOS: Onboard audio is enabled.
-Finally, I tried to unplug everything UBS cord connected to my PC after shutting it down. Then, I restarted the PC and plugged them back one by one.
All of these were to no avail. I am at a standstill and it's very frustrating.
Now my responses to both suggestions above:
1) The HDMI cable (Optical cable) is not connected as shown in my attachments above.
2) I don't know of any driver for my headset. The only driver shown in the Sound window is the "Realtek High Definition Audio Device" seen in the attachments above and it is set as the default speaker.
Anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.