Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Laptop Make Weird "Click" Sound


30 Jan 2012   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (main), Windows XP Professional 32bit
 
 
Laptop Make Weird "Click" Sound

hi guys,

i had a problem here. the problem is my laptop/notebook always making the "click" sound (the sound that like you open a folder in windows) although i'm not doing anything.when i turn off my laptop today, then i opened my laptop for the next day it making the same problem.i don't know how it's happened.

hope you guys can help me to solve my problem.

p/s : i am using windows 7.*sorry for bad english

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Are you on wireless? It is possible you are picking up:
Quote:
Broadband interference usually comes from incidental radio frequency emitters. These include electric power transmission lines, electric motors, thermostats, bug zappers, etc. Anywhere electrical power is being turned off and on rapidly is a potential source

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...c_interference
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2012   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

hicarl92,
Have you identified for sure that this sound is coming from the speakers, please use headphones and double check that it is in fact in the system sounds area? If not then flip the laptop over and identify where the hard drive is located then listen very closely.....is the sound coming from the computer it's self and more directly it's hard drive. When hard drives begin to go bad they make a clicking sound. If it turns out to be the hard drive making noise then back up all files and important data immediately...without haste !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Jan 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
hicarl92,
Have you identified for sure that this sound is coming from the speakers, please use headphones and double check that it is in fact in the system sounds area? If not then flip the laptop over and identify where the hard drive is located then listen very closely.....is the sound coming from the computer it's self and more directly it's hard drive. When hard drives begin to go bad they make a clicking sound. If it turns out to be the hard drive making noise then back up all files and important data immediately...without haste !
Nice catch!

I do not endorse this site, but I did find it unusual that a repair shop would specifically Pick out the n4010: Dell Inspiron N4010 Laptop Hard Drive Repair - Dell Inspiron N4010 Laptop Harddisk Replacement - HDD Upgrade
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (main), Windows XP Professional 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Are you on wireless? It is possible you are picking up:
Quote:
Broadband interference usually comes from incidental radio frequency emitters. These include electric power transmission lines, electric motors, thermostats, bug zappers, etc. Anywhere electrical power is being turned off and on rapidly is a potential source

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...c_interference

yep..i am using a wireless buy not the broadband.i don't think that's the source of the problem.besides,i am far enough from other electrical appliances.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (main), Windows XP Professional 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
hicarl92,
Have you identified for sure that this sound is coming from the speakers, please use headphones and double check that it is in fact in the system sounds area? If not then flip the laptop over and identify where the hard drive is located then listen very closely.....is the sound coming from the computer it's self and more directly it's hard drive. When hard drives begin to go bad they make a clicking sound. If it turns out to be the hard drive making noise then back up all files and important data immediately...without haste !

i'm sure this sound coming from the speaker.because i tried to increase and decrease the volume of the speaker and it the sound coming from the speaker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (main), Windows XP Professional 32bit
 
 

did anyone know about dlsys.exe in the process list?would you mind to give some intro about this process. i had end the process of this dlsys.exe after i booting up my laptop and that sound was dissappear.but when i shut down/restart my laptop and switch on back that dlsys.exe process still appear on startup
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2012   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1
 
 

Prevx and Glarysoft flag it as malware. I also seen it as a File from a GPS website, and it seems to be associated with Shooter games.

Best, just to run your security programs to see what comes up.

As to it returning when you restart, you have to do more than kill the process, you have to find the program it is associated with, and stop that program from starting up.

See: Startup Programs - Change - Method Three, to see if dlsys.exe is listed in the Startup Tab.
If it is you can uncheck it, Apply, OK your way out.
Then restart, go back to the Startup tab to double check that it has been stopped from starting.

If it is not listed you have to type/copy/paste dlsys.exe into the Start/Search box.
If it shows there, then right click on it, then click on Open File Location.
Try, and match anything in that file against what you see on the Startup tab.
As it says in the tutorial, you may have to try Method Four, and check the Registry.

But, don't forget, If you do stop it, and it is needed by a legitimate program, that program will not work properly again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jul 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (main), Windows XP Professional 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
Prevx and Glarysoft flag it as malware. I also seen it as a File from a GPS website, and it seems to be associated with Shooter games.

Best, just to run your security programs to see what comes up.

As to it returning when you restart, you have to do more than kill the process, you have to find the program it is associated with, and stop that program from starting up.

See: Startup Programs - Change - Method Three, to see if dlsys.exe is listed in the Startup Tab.
If it is you can uncheck it, Apply, OK your way out.
Then restart, go back to the Startup tab to double check that it has been stopped from starting.

If it is not listed you have to type/copy/paste dlsys.exe into the Start/Search box.
If it shows there, then right click on it, then click on Open File Location.
Try, and match anything in that file against what you see on the Startup tab.
As it says in the tutorial, you may have to try Method Four, and check the Registry.

But, don't forget, If you do stop it, and it is needed by a legitimate program, that program will not work properly again.

here the screenshot shown that i found dlsys.exe process

Name:  dlsys process.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  99.4 KB

and here the screenshot of dlsys.exe program at startup folder in start menu program

Name:  dlsys program.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  11.4 KB


what should i do?
whether just disable on startup or permenantly delete the program?

p/s : this program located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dlsys.exe


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Laptop Make Weird "Click" Sound




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33