|14 Feb 2012||#1|
| || |
Thinkpad R60 - Microphone not working; sound barely audible
Ive spent some time putting Windows 7 Ultimate on my Thinkpad R60 (9461-DXG though sysinfo says the motherboard is 9462-Y1H) with an up to date BIOS (2.33). The last hurdle seems to be the microphone
AFAIK, I have the correct and latest drivers
Just in case, in have reinstalled the official Lenovo Soundmax driver (220.127.116.1100, July 2007) and the chipset drivers to the latest Windows 7 from the Lenovo site - just in case.
- the internal mic just about makes the bars on the sound->recording tab move.
- an external mic (that works on another pc),makes the bars move to the full extend - provided I speak from a distance of about 2 inches!"
When I try to record (sound recorder) from either, the green bar hardly moves and the result is barely audible
On Sound->Recording tab->Microphone->properties I have
- Custom tab with Microphone boost ticked
- Levels tab set to 100
- Microphone enhancements tab with voice ticked
- Advanced tab set to 2 ch 16 bit 48000Hz
Device manager reports "SoundMax Integrated digital HD audio" is working properly.
Any suggestions as to how I can improve the volume from either microphone greatly appreciated
Update: I also have a Tosh Tecra M10 running Windows 7. On that PC, under sound->recording I see two microphones
- one of which is clearly the external mic (because it registers plugged and unplugged appropriately)
- one of which is the internal mic and works just fine. The driver is from Microsoft High Def Audio Device 6.1.7601.17514 dated 19/11/2010
So I tried this driver in the R60 but although the microphone is recognised and responds to tapping, there is still no useful sound from it
I downloaded a later Windows 7 Soundmax driver from lenovo website but the installation sulked and said it was not compatible with my hardware
I tried Driver Detective which installed a later Soundmax driver 6.10.1.,7255 dated 18/5/2009 which made no useful difference (I think there was a litle more reaction from the level meter)
I tried Windows update but it merely told me I had the best driver
Any good ideas out there?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Thinkpad R60 - Microphone not working; sound barely audible|
|Speaker working but builtin microphone not working.||Sound & Audio|
|Sound barely audible all of a sudden. Out of ideas, PLEASE HELP||Sound & Audio|
|AC'97 Sound (Microphone Device) Suddenly Not working||Sound & Audio|
|Built-in Webcam Microphone and Microphone Line-in Not Working||Hardware & Devices|
|Record Sound with Microphone||Sound & Audio|
|sound problems on Thinkpad T42p||Sound & Audio|
|Microphone Missing In Sound||Sound & Audio|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.