Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Creative Sound Cards.

30 May 2010   #111

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squall leonhart View Post
it isn't removed, or disabled, just not registered to windows by default.

As for the cards excluded, they aren't even EMUxkx devices. custom drivers are required for those cards from CMI

for the cards that are included, windows canot use the what you hear device as default input, its a windows limitation and not anything to do with the driver. You can't use stereo mix as a default device either on RTL/ADI chipsets either.
Then, if it's a Windows limitation, why can I use "What You Hear"/Stereo Mix on my on-board Realtek?? Then, what you say makes no sense.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 May 2010   #112

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squall leonhart View Post
it isn't removed, or disabled, just not registered to windows by default.

As for the cards excluded, they aren't even EMUxkx devices. custom drivers are required for those cards from CMI

for the cards that are included, windows canot use the what you hear device as default input, its a windows limitation and not anything to do with the driver. You can't use stereo mix as a default device either on RTL/ADI chipsets either.
Then, if it's a Windows limitation, why can I use "What You Hear"/Stereo Mix on my on-board Realtek?? Then, what you say makes no sense.
You can't use stereo mix as a default input device, don't misunderstand, you can still select it as a recording device in most audio recording software.

Windows XP would take setting the Recording device as what you hear / line in as actually recording from those inputs, but windows 7 does not allow that on either of my ADI or Creative cards. That is,... opening up the creative mixer and setting what you hear as the input device would have it become the default for Sndrec or msn for example.

Still works fine as long as the device can actually be selected as an input source in the selected app.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #113

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squall leonhart View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by squall leonhart View Post
it isn't removed, or disabled, just not registered to windows by default.

As for the cards excluded, they aren't even EMUxkx devices. custom drivers are required for those cards from CMI

for the cards that are included, windows canot use the what you hear device as default input, its a windows limitation and not anything to do with the driver. You can't use stereo mix as a default device either on RTL/ADI chipsets either.
Then, if it's a Windows limitation, why can I use "What You Hear"/Stereo Mix on my on-board Realtek?? Then, what you say makes no sense.
You can't use stereo mix as a default input device, don't misunderstand, you can still select it as a recording device in most audio recording software.

Windows XP would take setting the Recording device as what you hear / line in as actually recording from those inputs, but windows 7 does not allow that on either of my ADI or Creative cards. That is,... opening up the creative mixer and setting what you hear as the input device would have it become the default for Sndrec or msn for example.

Still works fine as long as the device can actually be selected as an input source in the selected app.
OK, ok, I get it now. In fact, that's the only thing I miss from XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Jun 2010   #114

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arcalimon View Post
Any other way to erase everything without the third format??
Yes, you can try to download piriform's revo uninstaller, find the driver, and do the highest level uninstall in that utility and then re-installing the driver. Make sure the device is unplugged when you uninstall, and to re-install, plug back in and restart, windows should do the rest. If that doesn't work, you will have to re-install windows.

P.S. Sorry for the delayed reply.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jun 2010   #115

Windows 7
 
 

driversweeper will fully clean and remove creative drivers.

Quote:
Make sure the device is unplugged when you uninstall, and to re-install, plug back in and restart, windows should do the rest. If that doesn't work, you will have to re-install windows.
This is absolutely not required.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2010   #116

Windows 7
 
 

Has anyone here gotten the Feature Mode Selection Utility for Audigy 2 ZS Notebook to work in Windows 7?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #117

dual booting XP and WIN 7
 
 

Lost my daniel_k driver Anyone have a link to it? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #118
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

adanziger there is a link for the 1.5 support pack in the first post. Or if you want he updated it recently to the support pack 2.0 for the Live series,

SB Live! series Support Pack 2.0 (04/30/2010) - Creative Labs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2010   #119

dual booting XP and WIN 7
 
 

Support Pack 2.0 gives me BSDs nearing the end of the installation (tried several times), just not compatible wth my Dell 8200. I finally was able to salvage my Windows 7 backup and managed to pull my old driver off of that. I've now made a backup driver CD of every driver required on my system (using Drivermax) so this will never happen again. Thanks for the reply. (As hard as I tried, I couldn't find the link to 1.5 in that first post but it's sure there, I looked again!)

Now that I have all the drivers saved to a CD if anyone needs anything don't hesitate to ask.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2010   #120

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

For those of us with an X-FI Titanium card... Creative released (26 Jul 10) an updated driver (2.17.0008) for XP, Vista and 7. This one improves the loading time of the Audio Control Panel and enables selection of other microphones.

Later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Creative Sound Cards.





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33