Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: xonar d2x sound card loud buzzing noise problem

25 Jul 2012   #11
ChaosEternal

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Ok. Just curious, why does the graphic driver needs to be reinstall? Also could u emphasize on disabling sound in bios. And should I download directx 9.0c now? Thanks for the help!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Jul 2012   #12
ChaosEternal

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Oops double post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #13
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

I have the same sound card and I get this problem after a clean install but "usually" not always it's only a problem when trying to use Silverlight.

To fix the problem, open up the Xonar UI and go to the DSP mode switches, try messing with the different DSP modes until the problem is fixed.

You can see the DSP mode buttons lower right on the Xonar UI, the picture might help.

I can't recall exactly which DSP button made a difference but just pushing different ones fixed the problem straight away.

This is the only thing that worked for me.


Attached Images
xonar d2x sound card loud buzzing noise problem-xonar-ui.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jul 2012   #14
ChaosEternal

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

How did u know its an issue with silverlight? I tried messing around with the different modes and it worked randomly (sometimes it works with only PCM 48kHz and 7.1 virtual setting). Seems like I have to on the audio center every time. But then again I need to solve the blue screen on updating the driver. I did a scan and there're some errors with my system. I'll post them tomorrow cos I really need to sleep now. Many thanks chev65!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2012   #15
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosEternal View Post
How did u know its an issue with silverlight? I tried messing around with the different modes and it worked randomly (sometimes it works with only PCM 48kHz and 7.1 virtual setting). Seems like I have to on the audio center every time. But then again I need to solve the blue screen on updating the driver. I did a scan and there're some errors with my system. I'll post them tomorrow cos I really need to sleep now. Many thanks chev65!
I knew it was an issue Silverlight because I have the same Xonar D2 and the problem seemed confined to Silverlight. This occurs every time I reinstall the OP system so I had a very good idea of what the problem might be.

You may also need to go into the sound setting in the control panel, click on speakers, then to configure, if it's not already on Stereo you should put it there and let the Asus drivers handle the 5.1. You might also want to check out "Levels" in speaker properties to ensure that it's set in the middle for balance.

I set the Asus panel to use 5.1, put a check mark on PCM, and another on
Dolby digital like in the picture I posted, for best sound quality.

The DSP mode buttons should definitely take care of the sound problem with Silverlight.

Good luck with those system errors what ever they might be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2012   #16
ChaosEternal

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Come to think of it, the this problem started after I updated the latest version of Adobe shockwave player. Could there be conflict?

Checking the dolby digital live & DTS Interactive doesn't give any sound. Spdf loopback also gives the buzzing sound. PCM most of the time gives the buzz too. My best bet is too switch between checking and unchecking dolby digital & sometimes between 5.1 and 2 speakers to cancel out the buzz. This method is kinda troublesome.

xonar d2x sound card loud buzzing noise problem-pc-scan.png

xonar d2x sound card loud buzzing noise problem-pc-scan-1.png

xonar d2x sound card loud buzzing noise problem-pc-scan-2.png

Need help on these.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2012   #17
neo101

WIN7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosEternal View Post
How did u know its an issue with silverlight? I tried messing around with the different modes and it worked randomly (sometimes it works with only PCM 48kHz and 7.1 virtual setting). Seems like I have to on the audio center every time. But then again I need to solve the blue screen on updating the driver. I did a scan and there're some errors with my system. I'll post them tomorrow cos I really need to sleep now. Many thanks chev65!
I knew it was an issue Silverlight because I have the same Xonar D2 and the problem seemed confined to Silverlight. This occurs every time I reinstall the OP system so I had a very good idea of what the problem might be.

You may also need to go into the sound setting in the control panel, click on speakers, then to configure, if it's not already on Stereo you should put it there and let the Asus drivers handle the 5.1. You might also want to check out "Levels" in speaker properties to ensure that it's set in the middle for balance.

I set the Asus panel to use 5.1, put a check mark on PCM, and another on
Dolby digital like in the picture I posted, for best sound quality.

The DSP mode buttons should definitely take care of the sound problem with Silverlight.

Good luck with those system errors what ever they might be.
Aha

I have a D2 - but refused to ever load silverlight on my pc's and never had this problem

Get rid of it unless you are forced to use it on MS sites - I never needed it to run anything at any time!

Glad you knew what it was!

errrr
reloading your graphic driver package also reloads a ton of other drivers including sound related stuff - ok

If another recently loaded prog has loaded on a slightly different driver and overwrote original - you could get a problem

errors with system?
- yet you said "brand new install of OS win7" - now you tell us

repair system how to
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2012   #18
neo101

WIN7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosEternal View Post
Ok. Just curious, why does the graphic driver needs to be reinstall? Also could u emphasize on disabling sound in bios. And should I download directx 9.0c now? Thanks for the help!
In some bios menus
You only get a choice of 'Auto' to switch off onboard soundchip
Majority will give another setting to 'disable' completely (or re-jumper pins on older motherboards)
- so there is no chance of auto sound setting making wrong choice, possibly giving your bluescreens

9.0c If you use older software/games which rely on it - it should help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2012   #19
ChaosEternal

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote:
Aha

I have a D2 - but refused to ever load silverlight on my pc's and never had this problem

Get rid of it unless you are forced to use it on MS sites - I never needed it to run anything at any time!

Glad you knew what it was!

errrr
reloading your graphic driver package also reloads a ton of other drivers including sound related stuff - ok

If another recently loaded prog has loaded on a slightly different driver and overwrote original - you could get a problem

errors with system?
- yet you said "brand new install of OS win7" - now you tell us

repair system how to
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
I got all these errors after trying to update my xonar sound card to the latest version I got from asus site. During installation it crash with the blue screen. After restart, I got the Marvell 91xx config ata device yellow triangle saying the driver isn't installed. Of all those out-of -dates, I know I didn't update the nvidia graphic and audio driver. I'm afraid the audio will conflict with my xonar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2012   #20
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by neo101 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosEternal View Post
How did u know its an issue with silverlight? I tried messing around with the different modes and it worked randomly (sometimes it works with only PCM 48kHz and 7.1 virtual setting). Seems like I have to on the audio center every time. But then again I need to solve the blue screen on updating the driver. I did a scan and there're some errors with my system. I'll post them tomorrow cos I really need to sleep now. Many thanks chev65!
I knew it was an issue Silverlight because I have the same Xonar D2 and the problem seemed confined to Silverlight. This occurs every time I reinstall the OP system so I had a very good idea of what the problem might be.

You may also need to go into the sound setting in the control panel, click on speakers, then to configure, if it's not already on Stereo you should put it there and let the Asus drivers handle the 5.1. You might also want to check out "Levels" in speaker properties to ensure that it's set in the middle for balance.

I set the Asus panel to use 5.1, put a check mark on PCM, and another on
Dolby digital like in the picture I posted, for best sound quality.

The DSP mode buttons should definitely take care of the sound problem with Silverlight.

Good luck with those system errors what ever they might be.
Aha

I have a D2 - but refused to ever load silverlight on my pc's and never had this problem

Get rid of it unless you are forced to use it on MS sites - I never needed it to run anything at any time!

Glad you knew what it was!

errrr
reloading your graphic driver package also reloads a ton of other drivers including sound related stuff - ok

If another recently loaded prog has loaded on a slightly different driver and overwrote original - you could get a problem

errors with system?
- yet you said "brand new install of OS win7" - now you tell us

repair system how to
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Silverlight doesn't cause the problem, it's only a symptom of the problem which was using the incorrect sound effect. Your comment to recommend not using Silverlight is wrong on so many levels.

Silverlight works fine on my system and it causes absolutely zero problems. The Nvidia graphics drivers have absolutely nothing to do with this problem.

The fact that sfc/scannow is showing errors is the problem here. Until that problem is fixed nothing will be working right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 xonar d2x sound card loud buzzing noise problem




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Laptop freezes for 1 minute & makes a loud buzzing noise in my room
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, about 4 years old. I've had this problem for a while now. Whenever I take my laptop inside my bedroom, unplugged or plugged in, doesn't matter, when I try to watch a YouTube video, 10-30 seconds in my laptop freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise from either...
Performance & Maintenance
Artifacts in post and monitor freezing with loud buzzing sound
Hello there,i really need you help ! So i bought a new graphics card,the Radeon R9 290 and i have the following problems 1)When i post up the pc instead of the BIOS image i am getting those random artifacts http://i57.tinypic.com/vhrm0n.jpg 2) In random times my monitor freezes with...
Graphic Cards
Loud buzzing noise before bsod
system fine all day was playing poker on 2 screens - put the footie match on after 5 mins everything froze heard a buzzing noise from speakers then bsod code 124(hardware) 3 weelks on off - i have checked everything
BSOD Help and Support
Audiophile 2.1 sound system for Xonar D2X sound card.
I have given up on getting a good 5.1 or 7.1 sound system for my pc since it requires a receiver and all. What I am looking for right now is a 2.1 sound system that can be directly plugged in to my Asus Xonar D2X sound card. The system should have a really decent subwoofer with tight and deep...
Sound & Audio
Complete freezes and loud buzzing noise ? no idea how to fix
Hi, I feel like a regular on here with the amount that goes wrong with my pc, but anyway. I've been getting random computer crashes where everything freezes and the audio speakers emit a very loud buzzing noise and the only way i can carry on is if i hit the restart button.. Now originally i...
BSOD Help and Support
mouse problem with loud noise
Hi I hope you can help me. Got a new computer a couple of months ago with HID-compliant mouse supplied (optical - sensor plugs in the back). Loaded in Windows 7 and for a couple of months everything was fine. Then yesterday, I was listening/watching a video when a continuous loud pitch...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:17.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App