Good evening everyone:
Second attempt - hope this time my post isn't erased while I am typing. After installing the drivers
and software for a new controller interface (M Audio Projectmix I/O), my soundcard (M Audio profire 2626) stopped working. I already posted on the M Audio website but the traffic there is low, and I am kind of stuck with a couple of deadlines facing me, so I thought I'd try it here as well. This forum has been really helpful identifying and fixing issues with the same soundcard, about a month ago.
In summary, I use the M Audio profire 2626 soundcard with a couple of professional audio / video programs (Sibelius 7, Pro Tools 10, Avid Media Composer, Reaper). It's been working fine until this morning, when I installed the software drivers for a new controller I just bought on eBay, M Audio Projectmix I/O. It is a hardware controller / mixer which I had intended to use in connection with Pro Tools and all my other programs (it's specifically designed for Pro Tools, M Audio was an Avid division until it was sold this summer).
Unfortunately, not only have I been unable to successfully install the hardware for the Projectmix, my Profire soundcard now stopped working as well. Attached is the error message I am getting.
I have windows 7 computer, quadcore processor, 16 GB of RAM, four different internal drives etc. I installed all the latest drivers for both units, reinstalled, repaired the install, switched them on separately to see if they would work independently, but nothing seems to work. It's kind of frustrating because before I got the Projectmix things were working fine. You try to improve your workflow by investing $500 and then you get this.
Let me know if you need further background information on my setup. I have a bunch of diagnostics software programs and already ran a BSOD check (though I didn't get a BSOD so that is probably not useful).