Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Which speakers are better for music?


06 Mar 2013   #1

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 
Which speakers are better for music?

Which speakers are better for music?
Creative inspire P5800 5.1
Or
Creative Z323 2.1
I Don't have a sound card, but i have a decent intergrated sound that beats most of low end and some mid end sound cards.
Which one would have better/clearer/louder sound?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Mar 2013   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP-1
 
 

Which set up has higher wattage? You will see better results w/ more watts...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2013   #3

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Wattage is only a small part of the equasion. For starters one is a 5.1 system and the other is 2.1. If there is room for proper placement of the speakers, a 5.1 system will sound much better, assuming the source is capable of 5.1 and the speakers are of equal quality. The only way to be sure is to try them both out and see which sounds better. Generally (very generally), a 2.1 system is adequate for most music, such as from radio or CDs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Mar 2013   #4

Windows 8 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brokas View Post
Which speakers are better for music?
Creative inspire P5800 5.1
Or
Creative Z323 2.1
I Don't have a sound card, but i have a decent intergrated sound that beats most of low end and some mid end sound cards.
Which one would have better/clearer/louder sound?
For an accurate reproduction of music, you should always stick towards a 2.1 setup. Very few audio CD's are geared for multi channels (SACD) I would like to see more on the market, but with people still supporting low quality MP3's, it's really no surprise.

I have the Creative Z323 speakers, and whilst they sound OK, they don't have a lot of grunt. Once you start to push the volume a bit, they will distort. I use them in my bedroom for sleepy time tunes.

I also own these, and have them set up in my lounge room, and if you have a few extra bucks, I would definitely recommend these. You can push these speakers to the brink, and they hold up quite well.
Review: Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers | TechCrunch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #5

Windows 8.1.1 64bit
 
 

I have Logitech z506, they are a fantastic all around set-up, assuming you are referring to PC speakers.

Logitech Z506: 5.1 audio for $99 | TechCrunch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by electrotune1200 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brokas View Post
Which speakers are better for music?
Creative inspire P5800 5.1
Or
Creative Z323 2.1
I Don't have a sound card, but i have a decent intergrated sound that beats most of low end and some mid end sound cards.
Which one would have better/clearer/louder sound?
For an accurate reproduction of music, you should always stick towards a 2.1 setup. Very few audio CD's are geared for multi channels (SACD) I would like to see more on the market, but with people still supporting low quality MP3's, it's really no surprise.

I have the Creative Z323 speakers, and whilst they sound OK, they don't have a lot of grunt. Once you start to push the volume a bit, they will distort. I use them in my bedroom for sleepy time tunes.

I also own these, and have them set up in my lounge room, and if you have a few extra bucks, I would definitely recommend these. You can push these speakers to the brink, and they hold up quite well.
Review: Logitech Z623 2.1 Speakers | TechCrunch
The distortion is due to a lack of power being pushed (wattage)...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post

Kbrady I've got a set of those Klipsch Promedia 2.1s for my desktop and they're great. I'd definitely recommend them.
They replaced a pair of Companion 2 Multimedia Bose speakers and the Klipsch Promedia is WAY better than the Companion 2 Bose.
Two thumbs up for Klipsch!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #9

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

When I bought my Logitech 5.1 system, I went into the store planning on buying a Bose 2.0 system but changed my mind after listening tovarious systems and comparing them. The system I bought sound far better than the Bose and cost a bit less.

The moral of this story is, if at possible, go somewhere you can actually listen to various speaker systems and compare them to each other. Sound quality is a matter of personal taste and only your ears will be able to determine what will sound best to you. Keep in mind, music from radio, downloads, and CDs usually is only stereo and not all games and movies will have surround sound. You also need to have room for proper speaker placement.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Mar 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
When I bought my Logitech 5.1 system, I went into the store planning on buying a Bose 2.0 system but changed my mind after listening to various systems and comparing them. The system I bought sound far better than the Bose and cost a bit less.

The moral of this story is, if at possible, go somewhere you can actually listen to various speaker systems and compare them to each other. Sound quality is a matter of personal taste and only your ears will be able to determine what will sound best to you. Keep in mind, music from radio, downloads, and CDs usually is only stereo and not all games and movies will have surround sound. You also need to have room for proper speaker placement.
Lady Fitz your opinion of Bose was like mine. The Bose set I used to have artificially boosted the base which made it sound boomy and obnoxious. Totally unrealistic. I didn't have an opportunity to listen to them ahead of time.
I heard some Klipsch PC speakers at Best Buy a while back and that was the end of Bose.

I agree completely that "only your ears will be able to determine what will sound best to you".

Also you're absolutely correct in another post when you stated "Wattage is only a small part of the equasion". I was into quality audio equipment back before we relocated to Texas several years ago and now live in an apartment. Apartments and high end stereo don't get along well. LOL

Quality audio comes from quality components, not raw power. You can't get good quality audio from low quality components by increasing the wattage; all that does is play poor audio louder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Which speakers are better for music?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33