|11 Mar 2013||#1|
| || |
5.1 Channel Audio - Sound only from Front Left and Right Speakers
I have been reading 1000s of posts on the net for 5.1 Channel speakers giving outputs only through the front left and right speakers. Well, I am no exception
- Connected all the cables correctly to the respective jacks... but still...
- Tried atleast 5 different of HD Audio Drivers (including the latest by the onboard device maker VIA - v10_1200a, as well as the Microsoft generic HD Audio driver)... Installed, Completely wiped, Reinstalled, all possible combinations... but still...
- Tried adding the Sound Blaster 5.1 Channel PCI Card (SB 5.1 VX)... but still...
- Tweaked all possible 'Playback Devices' options... but still...
- Tried different 5.1 Channel testing audio files... but still...
But still still my speakers (brand new iBall MJ04 - iBall's latest model) doesn't play 5.1 Channel Audio
Following is my system specifications:
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz
Package (platform ID) - Socket 775 LGA
Mainboard Model - P5KPL-CM
Northbridge - Intel P35/G33/G31 rev. A2
Southbridge - Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1
Onboard Audio - VIA VT 1708B, 8-CH High Definition Audio
Memory Type - DDR2
Memory Size - 4096 MBytes
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit)
Though this board supports 8 Channel audio, even 5 Channel is not being played.... when an audio file or video file is played, all speakers flare up.... playing the audio is all speakers... this is NOT 5.1 channel audio... this is just 'Speaker Fill'.... playing the same sound in all the 5 speakers.... tried disabling 'Speaker Fill' option in the VIA Audio Panel.... NOTHING WORKS
After reading through 1000s of posts on the net about this issue, I think I have no other option, but to change/upgrade my mother board.... so... please advice me:
1. Which motherboard (that is compatible with my processor) will play genuine 5.1 channel audio when run on Windows 7 ???
Intel lists the following Compatible Chipsets
Intel® G31 Express Chipset
Intel® G33 Express Chipset
Intel® G35 Express Chipset
Intel® P35 Express Chipset
Intel® Q33 Express Chipset
Intel® Q35 Express Chipset
Intel® X38 Express Chipset
Intel® P31 Express Chipset
Intel® G45 Express Chipset
Intel® P45 Express Chipset
Intel® X48 Express Chipset
Intel® G43 Express Chipset
Intel® P43 Express Chipset
Intel® Q43 Express Chipset
Intel® Q45 Express Chipset
Intel® G41 Express Chipset
Which among the above will really play GENUINE 5.1 Channel audio ?
2. If anyone has other suggestions than changing the motherboard, please let me know....
Awaiting some 'REAL' help
|My System Specs|
|12 Mar 2013||#2|
| || |
I assume you are using something like this,
or similar cables to connect from the 6 RCA input jacks on the system to the 3 mini jacks on the computer (one each for the front left/right, sub/center and rear left/right).
Also is the audio you are trying to play stereo or 5.1? If it is only stereo then it requires using speaker fill to get sound from all speakers.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: 5.1 Channel Audio - Sound only from Front Left and Right Speakers|
|Only left audio channel when playing youtube clips||Music, Pictures & Video|
|Right Channel Audio To Left Speaker: How Please ?||Sound & Audio|
|VIA HD Audio Not Working w/ 5.1 Channel Speakers||Sound & Audio|
|Pinnacle Studio 14 - copy left audio channel to right channel||Software|
|Left Channel Very Quiet with Analog Audio||Sound & Audio|
|Switching Front stereo Left and Right Speakers||Sound & Audio|
|Audio Left/Right Channel||Sound & Audio|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.