Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Realtek Audio Manager Line In (Apple Headphones)

19 Mar 2013   #1
Chocothunda

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Realtek Audio Manager Line In (Apple Headphones)

Hi,

I recently purchased a new desktop for myself, and upon trying to plugin my apple headphones to watch netflix, I found that I was having some trouble.

When I plugin my apple head phones, I get a popup that looks like this:



and I choose line in (so that the mic and the speaker can both work on the headphones so I can talk in skype).

After selecting that, I'm presented with this page:



From there, I have no idea what to do to get my mic and speaker on the headphones to work. I tried the sound settings in control panel, and I tested the speakers but I didn't hear anything from them.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #2
fireberd

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

First, you need the Mic input for the microphone. Computer mic's (at least PC computer mic's) require 5VDC for the mic to work. Only a Mic input has this. The line input is two channel stereo and does not provide the needed 5VDC.

The Headphone side is different and independent of the microphone.

Recording, you want the CD Quality, 16bits 44.1Khz for standard audio. That is what is used for commercial CD's, audio wav files, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #3
Chocothunda

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
First, you need the Mic input for the microphone. Computer mic's (at least PC computer mic's) require 5VDC for the mic to work. Only a Mic input has this. The line input is two channel stereo and does not provide the needed 5VDC.

The Headphone side is different and independent of the microphone.

Recording, you want the CD Quality, 16bits 44.1Khz for standard audio. That is what is used for commercial CD's, audio wav files, etc.
Is it possible to use one pair of apple head phones for both? Even though it can only be plugged into one spot?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #4
fireberd

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Which model Apple headset do you have? I've seen posts about headsets being used as a microphone, although I wouldn't try to do that myself (do a google search).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2013   #5
Chocothunda

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Which model Apple headset do you have? I've seen posts about headsets being used as a microphone, although I wouldn't try to do that myself (do a google search).
The new ones for iPhone 5.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #6
fireberd

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

I've got an iPhone 5. Never used the headset/mic that came with it. Its still in the original packing.

There are ways of using these, that I found doing a google search for someone else who asked about these a while back. Do a google search and you will find lots of info on using these with a PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #7
Chocothunda

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I've got an iPhone 5. Never used the headset/mic that came with it. Its still in the original packing.

There are ways of using these, that I found doing a google search for someone else who asked about these a while back. Do a google search and you will find lots of info on using these with a PC.
It's not the headphones that are broken, rather it's the Realtek Audio Manager that doesn't recognize them and allow me to use them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #8
fireberd

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Check the Sound/Recording section. Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the Sound Panel, click on the Recording Tab. The mic should show up there. If its not showing, RIGHT click in a blank area in that panel and then click to show disabled and disconnected devices. Does it now show up? and can you enable it?

Actually, the Stereo Mix should be set as the Default Recording Device. This will allow recording streaming audio from the internet and using any device such as a mic that is plugged in.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #9
Chocothunda

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 



Doesn't let me test it though, and it still doesn't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Mar 2013   #10
Duzzy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chocothunda View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I've got an iPhone 5. Never used the headset/mic that came with it. Its still in the original packing.

There are ways of using these, that I found doing a google search for someone else who asked about these a while back. Do a google search and you will find lots of info on using these with a PC.
It's not the headphones that are broken, rather it's the Realtek Audio Manager that doesn't recognize them and allow me to use them.
I don't think it's the Realtek Audio Manager if I'm right in guessing your headphones has a mic built into the cable and it has a single plug with 3 rings on it like this
-iphoneplug.jpg
If this is the case the you will need some kind of splitter to split the headphones L/R channels to a single plug and the mic channel to a seperate plug then plug the headphone plug into the line out port and the mic to the mic port or line in port.

I havn't seen PC that works with 3 channels yet only 2. I don't know how there wired but it you plug it into the line out port you will probably be able to use the headphones as they are.

If thats not the case then forget everything you just read.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Realtek Audio Manager Line In (Apple Headphones)




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Realtek HD audio recognizes my headphones as speakers
Hello When I plug in my headphones to the back of my computer where my onboard soundcard is located, it seems that realtek detects my headphones as speakers, and as a consequence, the volume is way too low. When connected to the front of my computer however, realtek detects my headphones...
Sound & Audio
Difference between Realtek HD Audio Manager & Realtek HD Audio Driver
It's been a year since I migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7 which I downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager R2.70 and audio has been working fine except the only issue it didn't come with 'Stereo Mix' preventing capability to record sound direct from the soundcard. It took me 14 months to restore...
Sound & Audio
cmd line way to mute line in realtek hd audio card
I have a line of music audio entering my realtek card to accompany a powerpoint slideshow, together they go out on our community cable channel. I need to kill the input, the music audio that is directly plugged into the card in the back of the pc, so that when I schedule a video (bod meeting...
Sound & Audio
No speaker or headphones are plugged in and Realtek HD Audio Manager
Hi there! Before I start with stuff, I'll link my hardware and drivers used: Headset: SteelSeries - Gaming Headsets - SteelSeries 7H Fnatic Edition Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
Sound & Audio
PLS Help* Headphones realtek Audio Manager
Hi all, Well.The headphones works and all which is great but the Realtek Aduio Manager and Windows sound is detecting Speakers.Does anyone know how or if I can change it to Speakers?. I would really appreciate the help, Thank You.
Sound & Audio
Realtek HD Audio Manager and Realtek Audio Driver
Help. I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 64bit (on my HP Vista 32 machine). Life is grand! My problems started when I tried to listen to the microphone input through my speakers. The front microphone inputs did not work so I downlaed the Realtek HD Audio Drivers (recently updated) from...
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:00.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App