Since this week, I'm experiencing strange behaviors of my sound installation.
At times, the Windows Audio Service does not start. The "Audio Endpoint Builder" and the "Multimedia Class Scheduler" do have started. I tried some fixes, like changing the NDIS value (which led me to completely reinstall the system on Monday 6th), looking for registry keys that don't exist so I don't have to delete them, etc.
The strangest part is this: if I uninstall and reinstall the drivers
, at the next reboot, although I do have sound, my profile gets corrupted and I get the "systemprofile\desktop not available" message, with the mandatory black desktop that follows: http://www.xiirus.net/mediaobjects/c...ject_am8ul.png
Then, after rebooting a second time, my desktop profile comes back… but the audio service won't start anymore again!
This happened with two sound cards: the integrated sound chip of my motherboard, and the Creativy Audigy SE I bought to replace it, thinking Creative's drivers were better. For both hardwares, the drivers used were the latest I could find on their respective websites.
Moreover, I have deleted all Creative drivers via Driver
Sweeper… but the drivers for the sound card are still there after a reboot and the sound works again. But if I install Creative's drivers, I get back to that retarded "systemprofile\desktop not available" message.
I don't understand why Windows behaves like this. And yes, my Windows is a genuine copy.