|10 Jul 2013||#1|
| || |
PLS HELP! Onboard realtek hd audio always says 'NOT PLUGGED IN' now
Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum. Sorry it is gonna be a long one. So here it goes..
Recently i re-assembled my computer. Everything was working fine until yesterday when I decided to put a sound card (creative 5.1vx) and then a graphics card (ati raedon hd 5450) in. The sound card was my friends and i wished to check the quality, so I put it into the pci slot, checked it then removed it and gave it back.
Then I put the gfx in (which i just bought for myself). Upon starting the pc, it installed some hdmi audio and pci slot driver thingy (sorry, I'm kinda noob in this..) via auto-update and since then, a red cross appeared beside my volume icon and sound went off. Since then its always showing 'not plugged in' in my playback devices, no matter whether I plug in my speakers/headphones or not.
I have been searching net, been through various advices with no avail.
What I did so far...
1) un-installed, re-installed both audio and gfx drivers a thousand times. Always the latest updates from manufacturer sites. doesn't fix...
2) disabled hdmi audio in device manager and disabled it in the playback devices. (I couldn't 'set default the realtek hd audio, that and the configure option are always grayed out).
3) Went to control panel-> realtek hd audio manager, but the window came up with a white screen; it said something like 'you are seeing thee white page because no device is plugged in... you will be able to access the gui when you plug in a device)
4) unplugged the graphics card. plugged into MB graphics, un-installed and reinstalled all A/V drivers... nothing.
5) Went to BIOS, the onboard sound was already enabled, I re-enabled it anyway, came back.... nada
6) reformatted drive, installed Windows 7 fresh, installed all drivers fresh. Same problem.
7) unplugged gfx card, reformatted
drive, installed Windows 7 and all drivers fresh, didn't work.
what I didn't do so far:
install a pci sound in the motherboard and check if sound is coming from there.
I am at my wits end guys. I can't think of anything else but to use a pci sound. any Ideas?
|My System Specs|
|14 Jul 2013||#3|
| || |
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: PLS HELP! Onboard realtek hd audio always says 'NOT PLUGGED IN' now|
|Realtek ALC888 Onboard audio multistreaming||Hardware & Devices|
|RealTek HD Audio Onboard gives static, even when muted.||Sound & Audio|
|Onboard Realtek ALC658 no audio||Sound & Audio|
|Onboard Realtek ALC658 no audio||Drivers|
|Realtek onboard audio - EQ tip||Sound & Audio|
|Onboard Realtek Audio ALC883 is not detected||Sound & Audio|
|Realtek Onboard HD Audio||Drivers|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.