|26 Jul 2013||#1|
| || |
No headphone sound, Realtek driver problem.
Hi all, this is my first post so I feel a bit of a fraud getting help from here, but it's driving me insane.
For a while now I've had the problem of no sound from my headphones. This is the situation and what I've tried:
- Sound comes from the headphones when using the standard Windows 7 driver that installs itself. However this is too quiet for me and not what I want.
- I update to the latest Realtek driver (2.71) from their website and sound stops coming from the headphones.
- Sound comes from the laptop speakers.
- I have done a clean install of Windows 7 but it didn't solve anything.
- Windows detects the headphones are plugged in (I get the alert that I've plugged something in the audio jack).
- The headphones work fine on other computers.
- The Realtek GUI also shows I have the headphones plugged in.
- I have always had the automatic detection unchecked on the Realtek manager.
- I have tried editing the registry as the pinned thread suggests but it has no effect.
My specs: Dell Inspiron N5030
Processor: Intel Pentium T4500 / 2.3 GHz ( Dual-Core )
Hard Drive: 320.0 GB - Serial ATA-300 - 5400.0 rpm
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
Graphics Processor: Intel GMA 4500MHD Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
Audio: High Definition Audio Device
Thanks for any help. This problem is seriously bugging me and is so frustrating.
|My System Specs|
|26 Jul 2013||#2|
| || |
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: No headphone sound, Realtek driver problem.|
|No Sound From Speaker Or Headphone, Realtek ALC665 AC'97 -Windows 7 64||Sound & Audio|
|Sound issues after Realtek driver update||Sound & Audio|
|Sound coming from both headphone & speaker but headphone is not detect||Sound & Audio|
|Sound Driver is my problem? Realtek ALC663 Turned to High Def. Audio||Drivers|
|i've no 5.1 sound and using latest Realtek audio driver||Sound & Audio|
|Realtek Left Right Headphone Problem||Sound & Audio|
|Horrible sound with latest Realtek driver||Sound & Audio|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.