Can not access sndvol.exe to create a shortcut to allow keyboard to control volume.
I am using a Standard PS2 wired keyboard for my HP Elite 8000 system. Details in my signature.
I discovered the following and wish to implement with my basic keyboard:
1) click your start menu. Type ‘sndvol” in the search box at the bottom
2) Right-click-drag the sndvol program icon to your desktop and select the ‘Create shortcuts here’ option
3) Right click on the new shortcut and hit properties
4) Go to the shortcut tab, and click inside the “shortcut key” box.
5) Make your shortcut key combo. For example I use ALT + F12. Hit apply and OK to close the dialogue box.
Although I am Administrator, I am being blocked from shortcut key which indicated "None" at the moment, to make create a shortcut to do what is suggested in the above instructions.
Can anyone advise a way to unblock (allow) me; or a workaround to adjust my volume and add a mute button shortcut from my keyboard (preferably from the up/ down arrows on the numeric pad) without going to a third party software or a purchasing new keyboard?
Thanks in advance.