Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Static sound in microphone while speaking

30 Jul 2013   #1
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Static sound in microphone while speaking

Hello. I got a microphone a couple of days ago and It worked fine until recently when my friends told me they kept hearing a weird 'static noise' every time I say something, I'm using a Realtek HD soundcard and tried enablingabling Noise Cancellation but the problem persists. We are trying to talk through Skype and this worked just fine some days ago. Thanks in advance!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2013   #2
fireberd

Windows 7/8.1/10 64 bit
 
 

Download and install the ASUS supplied RealTek sound driver, as a first step.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5KPL/EPU
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2013   #3
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Download and install the ASUS supplied RealTek sound driver, as a first step.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5KPL/EPU
Hello and thank you very much for your answer. I downloaded and installed the driver successfully. I'll try to report back as soon as they are on to see if they hear the static because I don't whenever I do the echo test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Jul 2013   #4
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Download and install the ASUS supplied RealTek sound driver, as a first step.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5KPL/EPU
Hello and thank you very much for your answer. I downloaded and installed the driver successfully. I'll try to report back as soon as they are on to see if they hear the static because I don't whenever I do the echo test.
make sure it isn't muted because it causes the same effect
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2013   #5
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by senjougahara View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Download and install the ASUS supplied RealTek sound driver, as a first step.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5KPL/EPU
Hello and thank you very much for your answer. I downloaded and installed the driver successfully. I'll try to report back as soon as they are on to see if they hear the static because I don't whenever I do the echo test.
make sure it isn't muted because it causes the same effect

Hello and thank a lot for your answer. There's static and he told me there always has been (ever since i Bought this microphone, which is my first one, it's a Razer Carcharias) the thing is I could hear the static when talking to Echo but when turning the volume down (almost to an inaudible level, he could just hear my voice but couldn't make out what i was saying because the volume was too low) the static was gone. What do you mean it is not muted? I don't think my mic is muted as can hear my voice but an annoying static sound behind, I did the test with Echo and I could hear it this time too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2013   #6
fireberd

Windows 7/8.1/10 64 bit
 
 

Can you try the microphone on a different PC. A friend's, if you don't have another PC, just to test and see if there is static on another PC. That will tell you if the mic is OK or not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2013   #7
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Can you try the microphone on a different PC. A friend's, if you don't have another PC, just to test and see if there is static on another PC. That will tell you if the mic is OK or not.
Hello and thank you a lot for your answer. Unfortunately I don't have any other PC I can try it on,however I've tried doing some tweaking in the Realtek Control Panel and I finally got the static to disappear by enabling 'Noise Cancellation' (Can be enabled in either the Realtek Control Panel or in Sound settings/Recording/Properties/Enhancements) The only problem that I have now is that whenever I say something on a normal voice level my voice sounds low (as though I were almost whispering) albeit the microphone volume is at 100%.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #8
fireberd

Windows 7/8.1/10 64 bit
 
 

I would still try to find a friend with a PC, or a PC store, that you can try that microphone on, just to see if it does or doesn't work OK on another PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2013   #9
senjougahara

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I'm afraid I can't do that, I'm terribly sorry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Static sound in microphone while speaking




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Sound card causing static noise on microphone
Hi, I recently bought new PC and got this Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card with it. Problem with it is that when I try to speak anything there is a quite loud static noise on the background. My headset is working fine, there are no problems recording with my old PC and if I...
Sound & Audio
Static noise being transmitted from microphone, but don't have one.
Lately I've been getting yelled at when gaming because I accidentally hit my "push to talk" key sometimes even though I don't have a mic plugged in, whenever that happens people seem to hear a really loud static-y crackling sound coming from my "mic." Now, I've been trying to use HLDJ with Team...
Sound & Audio
Static on built in Conexant Microphone
Hi, I just got this computer one year ago, and my microphone was just fine until I did a certain update and it suddenly had alot of static in the background. Is there any way I can reduce this? If so, what must I do? :)
Sound & Audio
microphone static please help
i get static on my microphone when recording and i dont know what is making it static. my microphone is sm58 so its not a cheap one and my cable is a monster cable so i know its not the mic or the cable(they work fine on my old computer). the problem is that i get static from both the front and...
Sound & Audio
Microphone Static
OS- Windows 7 Headset/Mic type- USB Headset make- Cyber Snipa Sonar 5.1 Gaming Headset Drivers- Up-to-date USB drivers, the headset drivers itself suck and don't help I just got Windows 7 and I love it but Iím getting a problem with my microphone. Whenever I launch something like a game my...
Sound & Audio
Sample rate - microphone static
I upgraded to windows 7 some time ago, and got a new microphone with it. Every time I test or use my microphone, I get static in the background with it. The problem isn't with my microphone (I've tested it on windows xp), and seems to be with windows 7. Note that I only hear the static when...
Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App