Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Where does the phantom music come from

17 Mar 2014   #41
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Are you still with us? ... Tell me if you still have the phantom music.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Mar 2014   #42
k0065126

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Yes, still here. I have heard the phantom music once in the last couple of days.

Viv
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #43
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Mar 2014   #44
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

I don't think the obvious has been suggested. Do you keep your cell phone near your pc when your speakers are on? Anytime a cell phone or cordless phone signal is near speakers it can cause strange "music" sounds from your speakers. This is caused by interference.

Keep your cell and cordless far away for awhile and see if it persists. Or send a text or call with your phone near the speakers and see if the "music" occurs again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #45
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Any chance that your screen saver may be playing the music?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #46
k0065126

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
I don't think the obvious has been suggested. Do you keep your cell phone near your pc when your speakers are on? Anytime a cell phone or cordless phone signal is near speakers it can cause strange "music" sounds from your speakers. This is caused by interference.

Keep your cell and cordless far away for awhile and see if it persists. Or send a text or call with your phone near the speakers and see if the "music" occurs again.
Thanks for the suggestion, I have now tried that and it can be eliminated as the source of the problem.

Viv
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #47
k0065126

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
Any chance that your screen saver may be playing the music?
I do not use a screen saver, but thanks for the suggestion.

Viv
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2014   #48
k0065126

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push
Jacee,

No threats found, so I have not clicked the Finish button yet, although I guess that it is safe to do so.

Viv
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2014   #49
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Yes, it's safe


Tell me if you're letting your computer do scientific research, such as "folding"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Mar 2014   #50
k0065126

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Yes, I run several projects from BOINC, Fight Malaria at Home, Climate Prediction, Docking and World Community Grid.

Viv
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Where does the phantom music come from




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Delete Music File Via The Music Player
I will be previewing hundreds of songs. I will be deleting at least 80% of these. I welcome ideas on the most expedient procedure for this task. Naturally, I seek to avoid exiting the player, going to the folder, deleting the file, reinvoking the player, loading the next song, etc. ... -thx
Music, Pictures & Video
HELP! music is playing in the background but no music program is open!
ok so im hearing comming from my speakers, some music, but mostly commercials. i was browsing the web and all the sudden i hear "buy a mcdonalds big mac today!" i dont get it i went to task manager and nothing looks weird. here's ahttp://img404.imageshack.us/i/audiosnap.jpg screen shot of active...
Sound & Audio
Music folder displaying a my music option and a number in brackets
Hey guys, on my laptop i currently have this issue where my music seems to come up when your in the folder. its in blue writing and has a number in brackets which im presuming is how many files ive got in there or something like that. My computer does not have this and i also wish to remove this...
General Discussion
Odd distortion while playing music in any music player on Win 7 PC
I am not sure if the title accurately tells what my issue is. I hope I can explain it. When listening to music on my PC, it does not matter if I use Winamp, Songbird, Quicktime, Windows Media Player, or any other software. Every so often, there appears some sort of distortion, like the drive...
BSOD Help and Support
download music from exterior hard drive to Music and Videos partition
The other day I posted my problem with getting a new computer which had win7 installed. When downloading all my backups which had been on an exterior drive, they ended up in strange places. Suddenly, I had libraries and the library had folders but all the folder were named differently. No more...
General Discussion
Phantom
Hi I'm a newbie here, and have had a look around to try and find similar posts or problems, but none of the solutions posted seem to work...... First thing to say is that I haven't added any new hardware, or software, and have not changed any settings, so onto the problem..... from what I can...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App