Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Best magix audio cleaning lab version to use with windows 7

31 Jul 2014   #1
ZTEK77

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
Best magix audio cleaning lab version to use with windows 7

For any Magix Audio cleaning lab users out there !! Can anyone recommend which version of the Magix Audio Cleaning lab is the best to use with Windows 7 which is user friendly ? I understand some versions are too complex than others.

OR is there any alternative audio clean up software to use ?



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jul 2014   #2
ignatzatsonic

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
 
 

There's a tremendous click and pop remover developed by Brian Davies, a retired Australian mathematician.

It's called ClickRepair.

It can be run in batch mode to remove ticks and pops from many files, automated, one after another. Takes anywhere from a couple of seconds to perhaps 30 seconds to process the typical song.

It works on WAV files. I convert my mp3s to WAV, run it, then convert back to mp3.

40 bucks, with a 30 day free trial. You pay him by Paypal. He gives you a key which allows you to use the app beyond the 30 day trial. You can Google for the trial version and download it.

He also has a general noise reduction app called De-Noise. More suitable for stuff like high frequency noise and tape hiss rather than clicks and pops. I think it's 40 bucks too.

I own ClickRepair and wouldn't be without it.

I've tried De-Noise. It works very well, but I've found that the noise reduction capabilities of the free Audacity recording application works just as well. So I didn't buy De-Noise.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2014   #3
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

If you're on a budget or not, Audacity is probably THE audio editor to have. There's a huge catalog of "filters" and plug-ins available as well. There's a large following and group support for it too. I've used it for many years and it keeps getting better. And it's cheap! At $0, it's worth a look.

Forgot the link: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Aug 2014   #4
ZTEK77

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post
There's a tremendous click and pop remover developed by Brian Davies, a retired Australian mathematician.

It's called ClickRepair.

It can be run in batch mode to remove ticks and pops from many files, automated, one after another. Takes anywhere from a couple of seconds to perhaps 30 seconds to process the typical song.

It works on WAV files. I convert my mp3s to WAV, run it, then convert back to mp3.

40 bucks, with a 30 day free trial. You pay him by Paypal. He gives you a key which allows you to use the app beyond the 30 day trial. You can Google for the trial version and download it.

He also has a general noise reduction app called De-Noise. More suitable for stuff like high frequency noise and tape hiss rather than clicks and pops. I think it's 40 bucks too.

I own ClickRepair and wouldn't be without it.

I've tried De-Noise. It works very well, but I've found that the noise reduction capabilities of the free Audacity recording application works just as well. So I didn't buy De-Noise.
Thank you for your reply
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2014   #5
ZTEK77

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
If you're on a budget or not, Audacity is probably THE audio editor to have. There's a huge catalog of "filters" and plug-ins available as well. There's a large following and group support for it too. I've used it for many years and it keeps getting better. And it's cheap! At $0, it's worth a look.

Forgot the link: Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder
I have had Audacity in mind but because I was very happy using a good version of Magix when I had XP running in the past, I naturally wanted a Magix version to use with Win 7.

I've recently come across the Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 for a reasonable price and with a high positive feedback so I'm thinking about this one as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2014   #6
fireberd

Windows 10 64 bit
 
 

I have Goldwave audio editor, but its not free. They used to have a shareware/trial version, but I don't know if that is still available.

I've cleaned some old vinyl records and the results were very good and didn't do anything to the fidelity (that I noticed).

Goldwave will work with MP3 or wav files.

GoldWave - Audio Editor, Recorder, Converter, Restoration, & Analysis Software
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2014   #7
ZTEK77

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
I have Goldwave audio editor, but its not free. They used to have a shareware/trial version, but I don't know if that is still available.

I've cleaned some old vinyl records and the results were very good and didn't do anything to the fidelity (that I noticed).

Goldwave will work with MP3 or wav files.

GoldWave - Audio Editor, Recorder, Converter, Restoration, & Analysis Software
Many thanks I will have a look into this one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Best magix audio cleaning lab version to use with windows 7




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs Last Updated: November 29th 2016 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8004 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog
Sound & Audio
New Skype Version Improves Audio Quality
Source...
News
Version of this file is not compatible with the the version of windows
I'm trying to install some applications on a Lenovo ideapad with windows 7 home premium, 64-bit, SP1. I'm getting the following error - "The version of this file is not compatible with the the version of windows you're running." I've installed all of these specific applications (e.g. RealPlayer,...
Installation & Setup
SRS Audio Essentials Version Confusion
HP Pavilion Elite HPE 500y Windows 7 64 bit (1) AMD High Definition Audio Device (2) Realtek High Definition Audio (3) Logitech Microphone (Fusion) (4) SRS Audio Did a fresh Install v. 1.02.0312 as shown in "Programs and Features" in Win7 Control Panel. Installer File: AudioEssentials...
Software
help needed installing cleaning windows 7 using the sticker key
Hi, I am new to this forum so hopefully everyone will be nice :-) My laptop is a Lenovo Z570 which is great and all that however its full of bloatware and other rubbish that the manufacturer has installed for me, even when I do a complete restore its very slow and sluggish bearing in mind how...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App