Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: VIA HD Audio Deck or similar needed to configure 5.1 speakers

15 Dec 2015   #31
smuddell

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
I tried these Realtek ones before I originally posted and none of them included a configuration program.

On Device Manager I have AMD High Definition Audio Device and VIA High Definition Audio.

I'm 99% certain it was the VIA HD Vdeck I used with no problems before my PC was rebuilt back to Windows 7.
Well I'm sorry but to me it is very confusing if the audio chip was Realtek but the actual software to controll it was VIA.

Though then we are again kind of stuck with the where to get this control software because all driver links that I've looked through say that the software will be installed upon installing the driver.

Have you gone through your hard drive looking for anything from either Realtek or VIA that would be a control software? E.g. "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA"
I've attached a screenshot from System Information for Sound, don't know whether this will clear things up?

VIA HD Audio Deck or similar needed to configure 5.1 speakers-screen.png




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Dec 2015   #32
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
I tried these Realtek ones before I originally posted and none of them included a configuration program.

On Device Manager I have AMD High Definition Audio Device and VIA High Definition Audio.

I'm 99% certain it was the VIA HD Vdeck I used with no problems before my PC was rebuilt back to Windows 7.
Well I'm sorry but to me it is very confusing if the audio chip was Realtek but the actual software to controll it was VIA.

Though then we are again kind of stuck with the where to get this control software because all driver links that I've looked through say that the software will be installed upon installing the driver.

Have you gone through your hard drive looking for anything from either Realtek or VIA that would be a control software? E.g. "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA"
I've attached a screenshot from System Information for Sound, don't know whether this will clear things up?
Hm thanks will have to look more closely into it tomorrow but have you tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstall it through Device Manager, maybe it would work?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2015   #33
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
I tried these Realtek ones before I originally posted and none of them included a configuration program.

On Device Manager I have AMD High Definition Audio Device and VIA High Definition Audio.

I'm 99% certain it was the VIA HD Vdeck I used with no problems before my PC was rebuilt back to Windows 7.
Well I'm sorry but to me it is very confusing if the audio chip was Realtek but the actual software to controll it was VIA.

Though then we are again kind of stuck with the where to get this control software because all driver links that I've looked through say that the software will be installed upon installing the driver.

Have you gone through your hard drive looking for anything from either Realtek or VIA that would be a control software? E.g. "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA"
I've attached a screenshot from System Information for Sound, don't know whether this will clear things up?

Attachment 377965
Well I'll be damned.

I don't know if you have just stared yourself blind trying to solve this problem

but

In the screenshot that you uploaded we can clearly see the icon for the VIA HD audio deck, it's the furthermost to the left.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Dec 2015   #34
smuddell

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Well I'm sorry but to me it is very confusing if the audio chip was Realtek but the actual software to controll it was VIA.

Though then we are again kind of stuck with the where to get this control software because all driver links that I've looked through say that the software will be installed upon installing the driver.

Have you gone through your hard drive looking for anything from either Realtek or VIA that would be a control software? E.g. "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA"
I've attached a screenshot from System Information for Sound, don't know whether this will clear things up?

Attachment 377965
Well I'll be damned.

I don't know if you have just stared yourself blind trying to solve this problem

but

In the screenshot that you uploaded we can clearly see the icon for the VIA HD audio deck, it's the furthermost to the left.
Haha, yes... Via HD Audio Deck was what I was originally after when I first posted the thread, and on page 1 Lava King posted the link to Gigabyte's site as he spotted that Rev 5.0 of the drivers included the software (I'd tried Rev 6.0!).

So this enabled me to get hold of the Via software which I've since been using, this is what enabled me to get sound from both front speakers plus centre and subwoofer, but nothing from rear pair! And this is where I've become stuck! I have reasonable sound quality from the speakers that ARE working, but missing out on the full 5.1 effect!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2015   #35
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post

I've attached a screenshot from System Information for Sound, don't know whether this will clear things up?

Attachment 377965
Well I'll be damned.

I don't know if you have just stared yourself blind trying to solve this problem

but

In the screenshot that you uploaded we can clearly see the icon for the VIA HD audio deck, it's the furthermost to the left.
Haha, yes... Via HD Audio Deck was what I was originally after when I first posted the thread, and on page 1 Lava King posted the link to Gigabyte's site as he spotted that Rev 5.0 of the drivers included the software (I'd tried Rev 6.0!).

So this enabled me to get hold of the Via software which I've since been using, this is what enabled me to get sound from both front speakers plus centre and subwoofer, but nothing from rear pair! And this is where I've become stuck! I have reasonable sound quality from the speakers that ARE working, but missing out on the full 5.1 effect!
Well normally there would be a drop down menu box somewhere inside the software and from there you should be able to configure the right audio setup, for example this is how it would look for me in the Realtek HDA manager:


PS sorry my bad I thought it still was a driver/software issue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2015   #36
smuddell

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

This is my Via HD Audio screen as I have it set up - I've played with every combination I can think of and those rear speakers just won't work (unless I swap the buttons under Back Panel on the right, so that back becomes front and front becomes back!!! But that just makes the front speakers stop working instead!!!

VIA HD Audio Deck or similar needed to configure 5.1 speakers-screen2.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Dec 2015   #37
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
This is my Via HD Audio screen as I have it set up - I've played with every combination I can think of and those rear speakers just won't work (unless I swap the buttons under Back Panel on the right, so that back becomes front and front becomes back!!! But that just makes the front speakers stop working instead!!!
Alright well I don't know if this is again something obvious but have you done anything here:
Control Panel -> Sound -> Select your speakers -> Configure
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #38
smuddell

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
This is my Via HD Audio screen as I have it set up - I've played with every combination I can think of and those rear speakers just won't work (unless I swap the buttons under Back Panel on the right, so that back becomes front and front becomes back!!! But that just makes the front speakers stop working instead!!!
Alright well I don't know if this is again something obvious but have you done anything here:
Control Panel -> Sound -> Select your speakers -> Configure
Yes already been there done that! I think I will just have to be content with what I've got!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #39
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BorisTheAnimal View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smuddell View Post
This is my Via HD Audio screen as I have it set up - I've played with every combination I can think of and those rear speakers just won't work (unless I swap the buttons under Back Panel on the right, so that back becomes front and front becomes back!!! But that just makes the front speakers stop working instead!!!
Alright well I don't know if this is again something obvious but have you done anything here:
Control Panel -> Sound -> Select your speakers -> Configure
Yes already been there done that! I think I will just have to be content with what I've got!
Or buy an external sound card.

But hey I'm sorry I couldn't solve this issue. :/

Cheers
Boris
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2015   #40
BorisTheAnimal

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Oh by the way what are the options when you press these two buttons?

VIA HD Audio Deck or similar needed to configure 5.1 speakers-example.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 VIA HD Audio Deck or similar needed to configure 5.1 speakers




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Font panel audio not doing as it should with VIA HD audio deck
I recently changed my case and MOBO to a G41M-Combo (Intel). Ive never used front panel before due to not having the option on my sound card. Now that i have this new MOBO it has on board HD 5.1 so im using that to save room on pci slots. I have the options set to notify me when 3.5mm is...
Sound & Audio
sleep mode help needed all hands on deck please
i have hybrid sleep enable just started for 2 days now when i go to sleep 2 out of three time it comes out of sleep but my montior says no signal so something is wrong when the graphics card is coming out of sleep it does not communcate with montior and cause no signal when i force it off i...
General Discussion
VIA HD Audio Deck
Hi folks. Bit of annoying issue I just can't seem to sort. My speakers packed in a few weeks back and since I've been using headphones. Just picked up a new set of speakers today that have subs built in. Naturally they are very bassy which is good when you want them to be. I started playing Bad...
Sound & Audio
Badware - VIA HD Audio Deck
Hi there This piece of software isn't malware or a virus but a really irritating part of the VIA HD audio software - a little popup message always starts in the system tray when you boot your system from HD Via messaging centre. That's why I think "Badware" is a more appropriate name for it....
Software
VIA HD Audio Deck Help..
Hi iv tryed looking around on the net but been unable to find anything on my problem, recently reinstalled win7 installed my sound drivers with out any problem but im unable to open up VIA HD Audio Deck in contol panel or any other way i get sound but i cant config my sound setting for my 5.1 and...
Sound & Audio
Via hd audio deck
Guys please help me out with this i cannot find via hd audio deck drivers for windows 7 can u please tell me as to wat drivers can i install to hear so that i can listen to music :cry:
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App