|16 May 2016||#14|
Although I managed on Windows 10, a similar fix should work on Windows 7.
1. Download the Soundmax drivers for your Optiplex 780. I use my asset ID to get the correct ones. My file was DRVR_WIN_R297758.EXE.
2. Extract the files from this, don't run them. I used IZARC.
3. Change the following lines in the file ADIHdAud.inf. It's in the payload folder down 2 levels. There are 2 of these files with the same name, one for 64 bit, one for 32 bit. I wasn't sure which would be referenced so I changed both. The change is as follows.
HKR,AD1983\\Disable, OutR, 1, 01
HKR,AD1983\\Disable, MonR, 1, 01
HKR,AD1983\\Disable, OutR, 1, 00
HKR,AD1983\\Disable, MonR, 1, 00
4. Reboot your machine so that Driver Compatibility checks are bypassed (google it). If you don't do this in windows 10, the hash check fails during installation so won't proceed, switching off Driver Compatibility checks bypasses this obstacle.
5. Run the setup.exe in compatibility mode (does W7 have this??)
6. Reboot and check your recording devices. Stereo Mix should be there. Enable it.
7. See if it works.
Nearly forgot, unistall your current driver first in device manager, otherwise it won't allow the installation of an older driver.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
So, as a Virgin Media customer am I promised minimum of 60 Mbit/s Download, I was achieving this barely via a power Ethernet adapter until I got DDoSed via the XBOX, Since then I'm reaching speeds of 10-20 Mbit/s, I rang them up and some nice fella terminated all connections, this increased it...
|Network & Sharing|
WIN AMP alternative
Ok So Ive been using WINAMP for years and Years, Ive decided I wanna use something new, Media Player in my opinion sux balls, :D Any suggestions I use I tunes to store the Music thats on my Iphone only and I dont like the interface so I drop only what I want in to Itunes and sinc I have 600gb...
|Sound & Audio|
My free trial is over and $80 for the full version is kind of a lot, considering all I want to do is change the start button back (no backup file). I have tried ResHacker, Res Edit, Resourcer, Res Tuner, and one other one....I can't get any of them to change the bitmap. ResHacker and one other...
Using VMware (or alternative)
I currently have an XP/Win7 dual boot on seperate partitions, can i boot into 7 the run XP in something like VMware? and are there any limitations in doing this? Thanks,
Alternative to WMP ?
As the title, is there a good light-weight alternative to WMP? I'm talking about RAM, speed, and visual likeness? I don't like Winamp nor iTunes, and I've tried Songbird. Thanks in advance
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57.