Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Hello there need help with Windows 7 sound


13 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Hello there need help with Windows 7 sound

I'm using a Compaq Presario V5000 laptop and I'm having troubles with the sound, it shows a muted sound where the volume control is, it tries to install a driver on it's on and it says it fails everytime (Realek High Definition Audio Device Driver, latest version also.), I do have a current wireless internet connection. Here's some info about the laptop:

System model: Presario V5000 (EZ429UA#ABA)
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 410 @ 1.46 GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
Video: Intel Graphics Card (not sure which exactly but it's an onboard)
Sound: **MY SOUND CARD DOES NOT COME UP UNDER DIRECTX DIAGNOSTIC TOOL**

I was hoping someone knew what the problem was and had a solution or any ideas are appreciated thankyou,

Vtec.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jan 2010   #2
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Type in start menu search 'Device Manager' and press enter.
Expand the section: 'Sound,video and game controllers'.
Double click on the device listed there.
Go to the drivers tab, and at the bottom click uninstall.
Once it has, press on 'Update driver' to get the latest official driver that is compatible with your systen (choose 'Search automatically for updated driver software')
That should be the cleanest working driver installed.

Are there buttons on the keyboard anywhere that control the volume?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Type in start menu search 'Device Manager' and press enter.
Expand the section: 'Sound,video and game controllers'.
Double click on the device listed there.
Go to the drivers tab, and at the bottom click uninstall.
Once it has, press on 'Update driver' to get the latest official driver that is compatible with your systen (choose 'Search automatically for updated driver software')
That should be the cleanest working driver installed.

Are there buttons on the keyboard anywhere that control the volume?

Yes I have a mute button on my keyboard and it's showing it's on mute, but when I try to unmute it brings up the driver install just like when I press on the volume icon on the task bar, I'm trying what you reccomended now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Jan 2010   #4
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vtec View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Type in start menu search 'Device Manager' and press enter.
Expand the section: 'Sound,video and game controllers'.
Double click on the device listed there.
Go to the drivers tab, and at the bottom click uninstall.
Once it has, press on 'Update driver' to get the latest official driver that is compatible with your systen (choose 'Search automatically for updated driver software')
That should be the cleanest working driver installed.

Are there buttons on the keyboard anywhere that control the volume?

Yes I have a mute button on my keyboard and it's showing it's on mute, but when I try to unmute it brings up the driver install just like when I press on the volume icon on the task bar, I'm trying what you reccomended now.
Okay, tell us how it turns out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I did what you said and the problem still persists, this is what the status is:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #7
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vtec View Post
I did what you said and the problem still persists, this is what the status is:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Have you clicked on update driver?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vtec View Post
I did what you said and the problem still persists, this is what the status is:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Have you clicked on update driver?
Yeah it says the best driver software is already installed on my computer yet I have "No output audio device is installed" when I hover over the volume.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #9
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Try these drivers (Credit to theog ) instead of using Windows Update, which isn't working in your case.

If there is no drivers that will work, there is probably a compatibility issue with Windows 7 and the drivers/hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jan 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lil' Domii View Post
Try these drivers (Credit to theog ) instead of using Windows Update, which isn't working in your case.

If there is no drivers that will work, there is probably a compatibility issue with Windows 7 and the drivers/hardware.

They don't support windows 7 haha

Also when I installed Windows XP Pro as a solution, the OS installed fine but I didn't even see my sound volume control on the taskbar it was just empty and nothing really worked, not even my Wireless, any ideas why that is? and will that link that was provided by Theog fix that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Hello there need help with Windows 7 sound




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33