Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

03 Feb 2010   #1

1122
 
 
"No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

This has probably been posted here before, but I could not find any threads on this issue. I re installed Windows 7, and once I finished, I logged on, and tried to watch a video online, and realized there was no audio. I looked at the speaker to see if it was turned on, and there was of course a red x on it, and the message "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" once I dragged the mouse over it.

Any idea on how I can fix this?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Feb 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willbug34 View Post
This has probably been posted here before, but I could not find any threads on this issue. I re installed Windows 7, and once I finished, I logged on, and tried to watch a video online, and realized there was no audio. I looked at the speaker to see if it was turned on, and there was of course a red x on it, and the message "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" once I dragged the mouse over it.

Any idea on how I can fix this?
Hello Willbug, Welcome to SF,

I guess the Audio Drivers didn't got installed.

Go To > Start > Device Manager > Look for Yellow Marks if your finding it then
Right Click Update Drivers

Also Control Panel> All Control Panel Items> Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound See what does it finds

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #3

1122
 
 

So I opened the Device Manager, and saw that my Multimedia Audio Controller had a yellow mark next to it. I right clicked and clicked "update driver software" and this message came up.

" Windows could not find Driver Software for your device."

Anything else I should attempt?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Feb 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willbug34 View Post
So I opened the Device Manager, and saw that my Multimedia Audio Controller had a yellow mark next to it. I right clicked and clicked "update driver software" and this message came up.

" Windows could not find Driver Software for your device."

Anything else I should attempt?
Do you know what sound card are you using ?? Onboard or External Card ? If its Onboard and if your not sure post us Motherboard Model will try to find them.

Good Luck,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #5

1122
 
 

I'm not sure as to what Sound Card I'm running. How can I find out?

EDIT: Figured it out, it's an onboard soundcard

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Can you post specs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willbug34 View Post
I'm not sure as to what Sound Card I'm running. How can I find out?

EDIT: Figured it out, it's an onboard soundcard

Thanks
Post us the MSINFO32 file

Quote:
MSINFO32
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type "msinfo32 /nfo C:\Users\Public\Desktop\TEST.NFO\" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to the C:\Users\Public\Desktop directory to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.
Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #8

1122
 
 

Sorry it took so long: Download NFO.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

That's what you wanted me to do right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Feb 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Willbug34 View Post
Sorry it took so long: Download NFO.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

That's what you wanted me to do right?
Got it ..

Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
PND Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&F2

Code:
Multimedia Audio Controller    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&F2    The drivers for this device are not installed.
We got lot of thread that has the way to obtain the drivers Windows 7 Forums the biggest Windows 7 discussion forum, friendly help and many Windows 7 tutorials that will help you get the most out of Microsofts new Windows 7 Operating System. - Search Results for SoundMax audio drivers

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33