Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum


18 Feb 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum

I know this will have been done to death, but it's late, and I've been putting my new system together since 5pm (it's now 11.30pm).

I've upgraded most of my computer (motherboard, cpu, ram). I kept my old soundcard as I believe it to be quite good.

1. Is the soundcard any good?
2. Windows 7 refuses to acknowledge it's existence. I've tried the AudigySupportPack drivers linked to in a few threads on here, and some beta drivers from the Creative site but still no joy*. Is it likely that I've broken the soundcard during the change? There's nothing flagged in Device Manager, it's as if the card isn't plugged in to the motherboard (it is, I've checked. Thrice).


*I get an error message that 'setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system......'.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Feb 2010   #2

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Did you install the motherboard's chipset drivers? One of the prime things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) the devices on the motherboard and in turn what is attached to the motherboard. If you have the correct sound drivers the chipset drivers could be the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2010   #3

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

which soundcard is it - have you disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS..?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Feb 2010   #4

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WelshSteW View Post
I know this will have been done to death, but it's late, and I've been putting my new system together since 5pm (it's now 11.30pm).

I've upgraded most of my computer (motherboard, cpu, ram). I kept my old soundcard as I believe it to be quite good.

1. Is the soundcard any good?
2. Windows 7 refuses to acknowledge it's existence. I've tried the AudigySupportPack drivers linked to in a few threads on here, and some beta drivers from the Creative site but still no joy*. Is it likely that I've broken the soundcard during the change? There's nothing flagged in Device Manager, it's as if the card isn't plugged in to the motherboard (it is, I've checked. Thrice).


*I get an error message that 'setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system......'.
.
If the soundcard is not showing up in the Device Manager then it's not being detected. Drivers are not the issue. Can you try a different PCI slot? Are you sure the card is fully seated in the slot?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
Did you install the motherboard's chipset drivers? One of the prime things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) the devices on the motherboard and in turn what is attached to the motherboard. If you have the correct sound drivers the chipset drivers could be the problem.
Yeah, I downloaded the newest version.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
which soundcard is it - have you disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS..?
It's a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum.
I've tried disabling the onboard sound, and tried enabling it. No difference.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Victek View Post
If the soundcard is not showing up in the Device Manager then it's not being detected. Drivers are not the issue. Can you try a different PCI slot? Are you sure the card is fully seated in the slot?
It is correctly seated, but I haven't tried a different PCI slot. Will give it a go when I get in from work.

Thanks for all the help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I have the same card and it does work fine with Windows 7. Make sure you installed it correctly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Took the card out, wiped the contacts, reinserted.

Job done.

Yes, I feel like an idiot!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Feb 2010   #8

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WelshSteW View Post
Took the card out, wiped the contacts, reinserted.

Job done.

Yes, I feel like an idiot!
.
Don't feel too bad. I usually assume the problem is more complicated then it sometimes is too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Thread Forum
Audigy Soundblaster 2 Mic issues Sound & Audio
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Microphone Probs Sound & Audio
No Stereo/Wave out on Audigy Soundblaster cards Sound & Audio
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and Win 7 ? Sound & Audio
Creative Audigy 2 Platinum issue :/ Sound & Audio
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Platinum Champ1on Ed. Sound & Audio
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Driver Issues Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33