Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No sound from audio programs?


18 Mar 2010   #1

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
No sound from audio programs?

I have a new windows 7 x64 PC, using an M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card. I can get system sounds. When I try to open an audio program, such as EastWest virtual instruments or Cubase 5, I get no audio output. My settings appear to be correct within these programs. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Note: I updated to the correct windows 7 x64 drivers for M-Audio Delta already, and these programs are both compatible with x64.

System specs:

System Manufacturer/Model Number: Custom Build
OS: Windows 7 64 bit
CPU: Intel i7 860 2.8 GHz
Motherboard: eVGA P55 (Intel P55 Chipset) (Supports SLi)
Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Graphics Card(s): eVGA GeForce 9600GT 512MB
Sound Card: M-Audio Delta 1010LT
Hard Drives: 1) 250GB SATA 7,200RPM w/ 16MB Cache
2) 150GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache Western Digital Raptor
3) 500GB WD 7200 RPM
PSU: Corsair 750W
Case: Antec 900
Cooling: Maximum case fans


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Mar 2010   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Welcome!

Can Windows Media Player play sound? How about your web browser?

You may want to confirm that the correct output device is set as default. Go to Control Panel>Sound and right-click on your speakers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2010   #3

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I hear mouse clicks from the web browser, and one program I installed while setting up the system had music during the installation that was playing. I can't test out Windows Media Player right now because I'm at work...I will try when I get home.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by schumacher574 View Post
I hear mouse clicks from the web browser, and one program I installed while setting up the system had music during the installation that was playing. I can't test out Windows Media Player right now because I'm at work...I will try when I get home.
I'm running an Audiophile 24/96 without problems, however, I'm not using it as the default audio device. The Audiophile is part of the Delta series and may even use the same driver, it's working fine with Cubase, Winamp...etc.

Are you selecting the ASIO driver in East/West and Cubase?

I'm wondering if using the 1010 as the default audio device is locking out the ASIO part of the driver?

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by schumacher574 View Post
I have a new windows 7 x64 PC, using an M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card. I can get system sounds. When I try to open an audio program, such as EastWest virtual instruments or Cubase 5, I get no audio output.

Just remembered something... this could also be a MIDI/triggering problem, what interface are you using?

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Thanks for the replies...I think it could be a MIDI/triggering issue, as within EastWest products, if I play a note, I see the mixer recognize the initial hit, but it wont hold out notes, and some notes are skipped. I just have an Axiom 61 midi keyboard plugged in via USB, and so far I've just been using the EastWest standalone VST and Cubase 5 to try to get sound. Any suggestions?

I have the M-Audio Delta lines 7/8 (which I'm plugged into) as the selected device in EastWest...if I select M-Audio Delta ASIO from the list, I noticed that the latency times get much larger on the info boxes listed below. I'm not sure if its the default device...I'll have to check that tonight once I get home.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #7

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Welcome!

Can Windows Media Player play sound? How about your web browser?

You may want to confirm that the correct output device is set as default. Go to Control Panel>Sound and right-click on your speakers.
Yes, Windows Media Player did play sound. So does my web browser. And the correct output was set as default in the control panel.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #8

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by schumacher574 View Post
I have a new windows 7 x64 PC, using an M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card. I can get system sounds. When I try to open an audio program, such as EastWest virtual instruments or Cubase 5, I get no audio output.

Just remembered something... this could also be a MIDI/triggering problem, what interface are you using?

Ap

I think this might actually be a MIDI/triggering problem, did you have any more information on this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #9

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Nevermind...seems to be an issue only with EastWest's PLAY VSTs...I'll take it up with them, unless anyone here has any suggestions?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by schumacher574 View Post
Nevermind...seems to be an issue only with EastWest's PLAY VSTs...I'll take it up with them, unless anyone here has any suggestions?
Sorry for the late reply, I was gigging out of town for a couple of days.
Did you get it working reliably in Cubase?

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No sound from audio programs?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33