There are no previous drivers
, and Plantronics doesn't offer drivers for their USB headsets. They're all built into windows according to them. This is their "fix" for popping/static:
For Windows applications: This may be caused if your Direct X hardware acceleration is set too high. There are 2 ways to access the hardware acceleration setting.
- From the start menu select the run command
- type in "dxdiag" and press enter
- Click on the Sound 1 tab
- Decrease the hardware acceleration slider by one setting from Full to Standard
- Save the change
- Go to the Start Menu and click on Control Panel.
- Double-click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Select the "Volume " tab.
- Select the Advanced tab on the lower half under Speaker Settings
- Select the Performance tab
- Decrease the Hardware Acceleration slider by one setting from Full to Standard
- Click Apply to save the setting
but unfortunately neither of those work for Windows 7. I've tried searching windows update for newer audio drivers, and come up blank. I'd hate to have to go back to 32-bit 7, but if that's what I need to do to solve this its what I'll do