Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Stereo Mix

26 Apr 2009   #1

Windows 7 7600 x64
 
 
Stereo Mix

I've got a Asus P5Q motherboard, I can get stereo mix in Windows XP fine, but I cant install the drivers from asus website in Windows 7.
Anyone have any ideas?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #2

Windows 7 64bit RTM
 
 

Vista/Windows 7 from what I hear have 'disabled' the whole Stereo Mix thing because of the whole digital rights management crap.

I had to install my mobo's chipset drivers in order to get the option to appear, which you obviously state you cannot do. Might want to double check your model # to make sure you are downloading the right install package from their site
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #3

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Hi Moffasin,

Have a look at my post from Vista Forums on this subject to see if it helps.

Stereo Mix / SigmaTel Drivers Installing Problem - Vista Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Apr 2009   #4

Windows 7 7600 x64
 
 

I tried that already, did not work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2009   #5

Windows 7 7600 x64
 
 

Update: Sound is horrible when I'm on mumble also.. sounds choppy and lots of static noise. Ventrilo is fine though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2010   #6
Gew

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
Vista/Windows 7 from what I hear have 'disabled' the whole Stereo Mix thing because of the whole digital rights management crap.
This has become quite an issue/question, just about everywhere.
Could you elaborate (with references, please) on that just a little bit.
Would be much appreciated. Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2010   #7

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gew View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
Vista/Windows 7 from what I hear have 'disabled' the whole Stereo Mix thing because of the whole digital rights management crap.
This has become quite an issue/question, just about everywhere.
Could you elaborate (with references, please) on that just a little bit.
Would be much appreciated. Thanks.
It's pretty simple really... juys were using the stereo mix recording ability (record what you hear) to rip music off of streaming sites...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
It's pretty simple really... juys were using the stereo mix recording ability (record what you hear) to rip music off of streaming sites...

The latest Realtek drivers (a few days old) still have the Stereo Mix option.

I would try and install the latest Vista drivers.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2010   #9

win 7 home premium
 
 

Hi I ve got sony VPCEB15FA ve Windows 7 62bit cant find stero mix can someone help me out..?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Stereo Mix





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Stereo Mix
Thread Forum
No Stereo Mix Sound & Audio
Solved Stereo Mix Sound & Audio
Help with stereo mix? Sound & Audio
i really need to get stereo mix. Sound & Audio
stereo mix in XP Sound & Audio
No stereo mix Sound & Audio
Need some Stereo Mix help Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33