Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD

22 Apr 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD

the new REALTEK HD Audio Sound manager. for gigabyte [g31] mobo doesn't give an equalizer.

I installed this

and

got this



is there any software for this?

all i need an equalizer that works in all programs.

i can use win media player graphic equilizer for only audio songs.
but it aint work for vids/games.
so please someone tell me how can i control it instead of using preset mood.


thank you!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Apr 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

You have an equalizer, the area where it says <None> is a drop down menu that offers several types of EQ.
Also, the row of icons at the bottom "Pop, Club, Rock" are EQ settings.

You might have to download the latest Realtek drivers to have a "User" setting available. Some versions of the Realtek drivers only had presets. Current driver is 2.47.


Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #3

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 / WinXP Pro x86 on (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
You might have to download the latest Realtek drivers to have a "User" setting available. Some versions of the Realtek drivers only had presets. Current driver is 2.47.
Yes, the latest Realtek driver certainly has the old 10-band "graphic EQ" restored. It actually was finally reinstalled into the drivers a while back... I think with 2.43 or so.

On that Sound Effects tab, just to the right of the RESET button, there's a "toggle" icon button to choose either (a) preset EQ, or (b) graphic EQ.

And it does allow saving your EQ settings under a custom name, just as the WinXP driver could. Unfortunately there is no known way to preserve any of these custom-saved EQ settings so that they're wiped out and lost every time a new driver version is installed (through the 2-step uninstall/reinstall method that's been in place for a while now when upgrading drivers)!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Apr 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
And it does allow saving your EQ settings under a custom name, just as the WinXP driver could. Unfortunately there is no known way to preserve any of these custom-saved EQ settings so that they're wiped out and lost every time a new driver version is installed!

Yes, annoying isn't it. I had a few saved favorites, one for DVD, one for music...etc. After the upgrade, gone!

I just keep one now.

I may not upgrade anymore as the latest drivers plus one of the Microsoft optional upgrades has fixed all of my audio issues. Right now I can run multiple audio streams, (You Tube, Winamp, WMP playing a DVD) plus browse the Internet without so much as a whimper.. the audio system feels unbreakable at this point.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #5
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Don't have anything with onboard Realtek on it at the moment, but have you given a good look through any Realtek folders that may be located in any of the three folders here,

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData

or possibly the ProgramData folder (need to have "Show hidden, files, folders and drives" in Folder Options to see both).

If there is anything there it could be an ini, xml, dat, cfg or just about any other extension.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #6

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 / WinXP Pro x86 on (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
Don't have anything with onboard Realtek on it at the moment, but have you given a good look through any Realtek folders that may be located in any of the three folders here,

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData

or possibly the ProgramData folder (need to have "Show hidden, files, folders and drives" in Folder Options to see both).

If there is anything there it could be an ini, xml, dat, cfg or just about any other extension.
I'll look again, but I'm pretty sure I have exhausted my ideas about where whatever it is that contains the EQ settings gets saved, including the Registry.

Nada.

Nothing seems to have a significant name or date, even after I save an EQ. I just can't find anything that corresponds to what I just did.

But I'm willing to look again.

Anyway, I've got a screenshot of the EQ I use, so at least I can manually rebuild it without too much trouble after a new driver install... though it might not be exactly 100% identical.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

done! thanks to you all!
the new driver 2.47

download link
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by th3r0ck View Post
done! thanks to you all!
the new driver 2.47

download link

Glad that worked for you.


dsperber:

If you run a search in Regedit for one of your saved EQ names it should show up under one of the Audio/Realtek "FXProperties" keys.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #9

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 / WinXP Pro x86 on (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
dsperber:

If you run a search in Regedit for one of your saved EQ names it should show up under one of the Audio/Realtek "FXProperties" keys.
Yes... but...

What is the essence of this entry? I don't see any values in it that correspond to the 10 band EQ-slider settings that correspond to my custom entry? It appears to be nothing more than the name of the custom entry. Where are the 10 values themselves kept???

My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
dsperber:

If you run a search in Regedit for one of your saved EQ names it should show up under one of the Audio/Realtek "FXProperties" keys.
Yes... but...
What is the essence of this entry? I don't see any values in it that correspond to the 10 band EQ-slider settings that correspond to my custom entry? It appears to be nothing more than the name of the custom entry. Where are the 10 values themselves kept???

I was thinking it may be stored somewhere in the FXProperties key.

One way to test it out.

Ap
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Equalizer for ALL programs! REALTEK HD
Thread Forum
Realtek Equalizer Settings Sound & Audio
Solved Realtek HD Audio Manager Equalizer not working Drivers
Realtek HD Audio: Equalizer not working properly Sound & Audio
RealTek HD 889 - sound dies when using two audio programs. Sound & Audio
Programs don't start at startup, eg. Setpoint, itype, realtek audio Software
Realtek equalizer Sound & Audio
WMP Equalizer Sound & Audio

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33